• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 10:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 174
Total: 176

Y'all should see these half black kids

Started by LizStreithorst, October 13, 2017, 06:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I moved them to a 120 today.  They're not yet dime size but there are a ton of them.  The're  a bit lost having been just moved into a tank almost twice the size that they were in.

They are so small but they have all turned.  I am impressed with what this pair that I paid too much for has produced in it's first spawn.  I'll take a pic and post it may be Sunday.  Too tired now, and haven't eaten yet.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2017, 06:24:16 PM
I moved them to a 120 today.  They're not yet dime size but there are a ton of them.  The're  a bit lost having been just moved into a tank almost twice the size that they were in.

They are so small but they have all turned.  I am impressed with what this pair that I paid too much for has produced in it's first spawn.  I'll take a pic and post it may be Sunday.  Too tired now, and haven't eaten yet.

....time yo kick back and chill..... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

I ate and got a second wind.  A bunch of them were all grouped in a corner of the tank and I took this pic.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...I second that WOW and am amazed at how uniform they appear in their color patterns...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

GeorgeG

They look good Liz, Let me know when you start selling them.

greydragon

LizStreithorst

Thanks guys.  I paid $180. for the pair which is supposed to be $30 more than they are worth, but judging by what they have presented me with it was not too much after all.  I have only found one cull in the entire batch.

I'll wait until they're between nickel and quarter size when I start selling them.  I'm over shipping big fish.  Too much stress and too great a chance of disaster.

BallAquatics

I don't normally care for fish that deviate from their natural markings and coloration, but those are cool looking Liz.  Very well done!  You shouldn't have any problems moving them.   |^|

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'm getting ready to start selling these guys.  I remembered that I'd posted about them here and came back to take a look at the thread. 

Gentlemen, tank you very much for the compliments.  Mug, I didn't see it as a great pic until I came back to it with new yes.  It's not photographically great but it sure does do the fish justice.  They are peas in a pod and there are a ton of them.

I'll offer them for sale here first.  Y'all will get the best price.  Then I'll offer them on Simply and they will get a bit of a price break.  Finally I'll offer them on Auqabid and those folks will have to pay what I think the fish are worth.

I'll sell them in groups of 6.  If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst