• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Time to move the fish

Started by LizStreithorst, October 12, 2017, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

dragged a 190 gallon container in the fish room and filled it up.  Tomorrow or saturday I'll put a bunch of Angels in it.  I'll move the snots and dots inside.   I'll move the Snots and dots and snails to a 120 long along with about 300 dime size Half Black kids  Everyone will have enough elbow room to stretch their fins and grow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Moved the snots, dots, and snails to the 190 inside and put the ton of plats n the 120 with them.  I bought 23 snots.  There were 19 left when I moved them.  I knew that the Beta was long gone.  These fish don't jump.  They never floated.  I have to blame the damn Leopard frogs.  They sure are pretty but they'll for sure eat fish.

I replaced the Magnum filter on the 120 and gave it a good wipe down.  I'm waiting for the water to clear then I'll do a WC on the tank and move the half blacks kids from their 65 wide to it.  I'll use the empty 65 for the Discus kids who are now in a 40.

LizStreithorst

Got the half black kids moved.  Got the Discus kids moved.  I still need another 100 gallon for the breeding age half blacks.   The LFS will take 20 adult Angels.  I'll deliver them after work tomorrow.  That will free up a the 100 and a few other fish I don't need in other tanks. 

I need to empty the 75 which contains sunset pearl scales and three platinum parabia's.  I have no use for the platinum prarbias.  I need to empty the tank because the stand has termites or bugs of some type and it's sagging on one end.  I can't rebuild the stand because I have a broody hen nesting in it, but I have to get rid of the weight of the 75 filled with water.

Never a dull moment wfwf

Mugwump

..oh fun and games....LOL.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson