• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

Sex Change Confirmed

Started by LizStreithorst, October 09, 2017, 08:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

For two weeks I've been noticing the comb and wattles on one of my Buff Brahma hens get larger and deeper red.  I few days ago I heard a rooster making feeble attempts at crowing.  My Light Brahma rooster crows like a champ.  I wondered if he was regressing.  This morning I heard the pitiful excuse for a crow and went out to see my Buff hen trying to crow.  Looks like I have 10 hens and 2 roosters.

5 hens per rooster is OK but my Lights don't like my Buffs.  I'm afraid that Buff Boy will only have one lady and he will wear her out.  We'll see if I'll end up having to buy a saddle for her.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 08:09:41 AM
For two weeks I've been noticing the comb and wattles on one of my Buff Brahma hens get larger and deeper red.  I few days ago I heard a rooster making feeble attempts at crowing.  My Light Brahma rooster crows like a champ.  I wondered if he was regressing.  This morning I heard the pitiful excuse for a crow and went out to see my Buff hen trying to crow.  Looks like I have 10 hens and 2 roosters.

5 hens per rooster is OK but my Lights don't like my Buffs.  I'm afraid that Buff Boy will only have one lady and he will wear her out.  We'll see if I'll end up having to buy a saddle for her.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 09, 2017, 06:39:22 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 08:09:41 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

....I wasn't going to touch this thread......LOL....thinking to myself..."here we go"..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

But it was such an innocent post...It was only about my mistake in sexing a chicken.  He appeared to be a hen until just a couple of weeks ago. I realized the truth only today when I saw him making his sorry excuse for a crow.  It sounds like some poor animal is close to death.  The Buff Brahmas are much slower to reach maturity than the Lights.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 07:07:44 PM
But it was such an innocent post...It was only about my mistake in sexing a chicken.  He appeared to be a hen until just a couple of weeks ago. I realized the truth only today when I saw him making his sorry excuse for a crow.  It sounds like some poor animal is close to death.  The Buff Brahmas are much slower to reach maturity than the Lights.
...LOL...You write such funny things,Liz!... ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D...i just have to chuckle at this and read it to Lucy...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 09, 2017, 09:49:25 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 07:07:44 PM
...LOL...You write such funny things,Liz!... ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D...i just have to chuckle at this and read it to Lucy...!

...I'm just glad we didn't have to start calling Liz....Butch?..... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Heck, give me a break.  I put it in the pet section!  If it had been about me, I would have posted in "General".  I'm like Janet Reno.  I'm and old woman who likes men.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 10, 2017, 01:24:55 PM
Heck, give me a break.  I put it in the pet section!  If it had been about me, I would have posted in "General".  I'm like Janet Reno.  I'm and old woman who likes men.

Lol
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

....couldn't help but think of you, Liz....watch it til almost the end to see why....it's at about 1:30...

https://www.facebook.com/NTDFunnyLife/videos/1966376246985200/
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 11, 2017, 12:57:37 AM
....couldn't help but think of you, Liz....watch it til almost the end to see why....it's at about 1:30...

https://www.facebook.com/NTDFunnyLife/videos/1966376246985200/

.....LOL..... |^|
Jon