• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 07:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 128
Total: 129

More about Bruno

Started by LizStreithorst, October 13, 2017, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

We went to training class Wed. night.  Even though he missed three classes in a row we trained at home every day and he is the best one in the class.  I was amazed and proud.  His tail is wagging and he is a happy boy at class.  He loves being around other dogs.

There are two things that he is afraid to do that comes natural to most pet dogs.  He won't let me examine him and he won't let another person come directly up to him to examine him.  If someone comes up he hides behind me. 

My training lady is so good.  She told me to go to him when he was relaxed and to say,  "ears", and touch the ears, say "teeth" and pull put my fingers on them, and say, "feet" and massage his pads.  I'll do it little by little while he and I are snuggled in bed before we move on to doing it when we're training.  For not being afraid of other people she suggested that I take him to work, and rather than train there, have my customers offer him a treat and make him come to them to take it.

I haven't gotten to working him on ears, feet and and teeth in bed, doing it in bed just occurred to me, perhaps we'll try it tonight.  I'll start with ears.  He likes having his ears rubbed.  I've taken him to work with me and have told my customers about him.  Every customer I've asked had been delighted to offer him a treat.  There was only one I didn't ask to do it.  I can't say why huh  He has taken the treat from everyone.  At first he had to sneak out from by legs to take it from their hand.  He got over that fast.  He has even licked peoples outstretched hand with no treat in it.

My fearful, smart, loyal, beautiful little dog has come a long way since I took him in.  If I hadn't fallen in love with him he's have been dumped along side some road.  I believe that the ones who I have rescued from sure death know that they have been saved.  I've only saved 3 from sure death and they grew to be my most faithful of many dogs. 

Trish, the trainer says that he would be good at nose work.  She says that he would love it and it would build his confidence.  It starts out as find the treat, followed by praise, then hiding a treat in one of several boxes.  I can see Bruno enjoying that. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Bruno's going to be a star.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson