• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 10:49:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

Jury duty

Started by Rjb3, October 09, 2017, 06:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Oh, boy!

Just got the informational letter today. Maybe they'll skip me this time. . . . .

LizStreithorst

I only got the letter one time.  I answered their questions honestly and they decided not to take me.  Good luck, my Captain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 09, 2017, 06:18:06 PM
Oh, boy!

Just got the informational letter today. Maybe they'll skip me this time. . . . .

...go...you'll have a blast if you get a case.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2017, 06:25:45 PM
Quote from: Rjb3 on October 09, 2017, 06:18:06 PM
Oh, boy!

...go...you'll have a blast if you get a case.... |^|
I did and ended up as jury foreman...defendant was acquitted within in 3 minutes of retiring to the jury room...!!! ...It was frivolous...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

They've tried to pick me before. I don't work.

After 18 years of dealing with the criminal elemernt. I'm retired.

LizStreithorst

They wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole, Captain.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 09, 2017, 06:37:12 PM
They've tried to pick me before. I don't work.

After 18 years of dealing with the criminal elemernt. I'm retired.

...au contraire.....they'll love his a$$......LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The prosecution, yes.  The defense will toss his ass out.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 07:09:12 PM

..LOL...he'll flash the $hit eating, broad handle bar mustache, cheesy. grin and they'll all love him..... |^|......cause sometimes it doesn't mean that he is smiling.... ;)
Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2017, 07:17:01 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 07:09:12 PM

..LOL...he'll flash the $hit eating, broad handle bar mustache, cheesy. grin and they'll all love him..... |^|......cause sometimes it doesn't mean that he is smiling.... ;)

The last time they tried to pick me the defense lawyer asked as he pointed to his client and said "Does anybody in this room think my client must be guilty of something or he wouldn't be sitting in this chair?" I raised my hand. Poof. I was gone. BTW the kid pled guilty three days later of robbing a bank with a ski mask on.

Mugwump

...did ya get the job?...... huh
Jon

Rjb3

Job? LOL  I haven't heard back yet.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 19, 2017, 07:16:16 AM
Job? LOL  I haven't heard back yet.

...Maybe I should call 'em and put in a good word for ya  huh
Jon

Rjb3

Gee, thanks. It's all a waste of time for me and the courts. I'll never sit on a jury. And with my back ground in law enforcement, they shouldn't want me.