• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Sunday foodies...

Started by Mugwump, October 08, 2017, 06:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..We were munching most the day...so just had a bowl of split pea soup w/bacon......I prefer it with ham, but this wasn't bad....don't know why I forgot to
make some corn bread....doh.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I adore split pea soup but never think of making it without being reminded of it.  Barb taught me to put a shit load more veggies in it than the recipe calls for.  Of course Barb would never say "shit load" even to me.  It will be cool enough for a good split pea soup very soon.  It's still rather warm here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2017, 06:42:26 PM
I adore split pea soup but never think of making it without being reminded of it.  Barb taught me to put a shit load more veggies in it than the recipe calls for.  Of course Barb would never say "shit load" even to me.  It will be cool enough for a good split pea soup very soon.  It's still rather warm here.

....warm here too...but had the taste for it.....lot's of ham in it, and hot corn bread on the side.....I'll take just the peas for the veggie.(well maybe a few carrots?)    might try a nice fat jalapeno sliced in there tho too....MMMMmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..ooh ooh.....we have fudge left !!!!!!! |^|
Jon

Barb

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2017, 06:42:26 PM
[/quote

You  made me laugh Liz, thanks!  Twill soon be time for me to make pea soup too.
Barb]