• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 01:45:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 104
Total: 104

How do I stop this

Started by LizStreithorst, October 08, 2017, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I get repeated emails from this place and when I try to unsubscribe Malware Bytes tells me that it is a bad place that it is it's job to protect me from.  How do I get rid of these bad people when Malware Bites tells me that I'd be opening a can of worms if I try?  The place is THP Home Warranty.  It also calls itself Total Home protection and said it has a 5 star consumer rating from Google and has a shield saying that it's consumer affairs accredited wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2017, 03:54:13 PM
I get repeated emails from this place and when I try to unsubscribe Malware Bytes tells me that it is a bad place that it is it's job to protect me from.  How do I get rid of these bad people when Malware Bites tells me that I'd be opening a can of worms if I try?  The place is THP Home Warranty.  It also calls itself Total Home protection and said it has a 5 star consumer rating from Google and has a shield saying that it's consumer affairs accredited wfwf

...toss the emails to your spam folder......then just zap 'em once a week or so.....no biggie
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't have a spam folder but I have a bulk male folder.  I bet those are different names for the same thing.  I'll try it.  Thanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2017, 05:15:13 PM
I don't have a spam folder but I have a bulk male folder.  I bet those are different names for the same thing.  I'll try it.  Thanks.

...just never open one either........or you'll get more for sure.....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If Malware Bytes says no, I believe them.