• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 01:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Black Lace and Black Lace Ghost Veil Pair

Started by waterboy, October 08, 2017, 01:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

I posted this on Re: Monday Mania
? Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 01:48:02 PM
"I just moved some free swimmers from a sponge jar to a 2-1/2 gallon. Wow there are a bunch of them in there, must be one of those 300 size spawns.  From a young pair of Black Laces.  Will be interesting to see what other genes the parents have. I tend to lose track of them as they grow, but I think they both might have a gold gene and maybe a blue gene. We'll see."

Normally mine go in a 2-1/2 gallon after the jars and from there to a 10 gallon until they start to get crowded.  When I move them out of the 10 I usually count them.  I moved them from a 10 gallon to a 55 last week.  Turns out I was pretty close on the count, 290 total, these plus 7 that escaped capture and are still in the 10.   This is just a guess as to the phenotypes because they are just pre-dimes now. I called the really dark ones DDs and the not so dark ones Blk Lace or Blk Ghost.  The Grandfather of these was a D/g, so some of these will have a hidden gold gene. Your guess is as good as mine as to which ones.

Silver=54
Ghost=31
Blk Ghost-67
DD Blk Ghost-77
Blk lace-54
Some of each are veils, I didn't count them separate.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I suspect that a bunch that I called DD are actually D/g, but there is no way to tell until they grow up.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 08, 2017, 04:22:26 PM
I suspect that a bunch that I called DD are actually D/g, but there is no way to tell until they grow up.

....flashlight 'em....you'll see the difference....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson