• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Did you know...

Started by LizStreithorst, October 04, 2017, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

...That roosters don't have a penis.  I'd always heard that but finally got curious enough to look it up and see how it was accomplished without a part being stuck in another part of direct fertilization like Angelfish.  This was an interesting read.  I've seen some of my hens make the right parts accessible to Dr. Pecker but I've never seen my birds flirt like the little birds in the video.  http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/06/06/how-chickens-lost-their-penises-ducks-kept-theirs/
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 04, 2017, 03:46:04 PM
...That roosters don't have a penis.  I'd always heard that but finally got curious enough to look it up and see how it was accomplished without a part being stuck in another part of direct fertilization like Angelfish.  This was an interesting read.  I've seen some of my hens make the right parts accessible to Dr. Pecker but I've never seen my birds flirt like the little birds in the video.  http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/06/06/how-chickens-lost-their-penises-ducks-kept-theirs/

...all that strutting and no 'package'......no wonder they crow..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

All I know is that I would be happier married to a rooster than a swan.  OMG it must reach up into the female swan's long neck. Now I know why it was necessary  for swans to evolve long necks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 04, 2017, 05:10:02 PM
All I know is that I would be happier married to a rooster than a swan.  OMG it must reach up into the female swan's long neck. Now I know why it was necessary  for swans to evolve long necks.

....LOL.... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson