• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 08:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68

Poor Charlotte

Started by Mugwump, September 27, 2017, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I know the truth and Charlotte knows the truth, too.  Chip has jobs that will make him money.  Charlotte will take him a lot of time and he won't charge me enough.  I need to have a sit down with him.  If he doesn't want to do the job I want him to tell me.  I'll take her back as is.  I will shame him into doing the job or he will blow me off.  It's up to him.

And yes, I did buy a bottle of gin for him today, damn it.  It was some special kind of Bombay something.  Came in a pretty blue/green box.  I'm mad at myself.

Charlotte dear, if Chip decides that he doesn't want us, I love you as you are.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Charlotte, does your mom know of another mechanic who can make you well again?  Even if she has to pay more?  You are worth it.
Your mom's friend Barb

LizStreithorst

I went and nagged Chip to day.  He didn't expect me to say that if he didn't want to do her, I'd take her home.  I caught him unprepared and he said the truth, that he wanted to do her but he was so behind already.  Then he got his senses back and treated me like a customer and told me that it was up to me and if I wanted to take her home I should but she's still have all the stuff in her bed that he will replace the old stuff with.  BJ could do it, but I know that it's two full days labor and I would be charged for every minute with a normal mechanic like BJ.  For Chip, this job will be almost a labor of love.  He could have told me to take her home and go screw myself.

When I left I understood that he was trying hard to make money and this labor of love that he wants to do is a huge PITA right now.  He promised that by tonight or Monday he would have Charlotte back inside and have his young helper, who I like, start taking out all Charlotte's innards.  When he gets to working on her, I'll have to remind him that the driver's side needs new window rubbers and that the blower needs to be replaced or repaired.  I'll mention replacing the heater core but he'll remember that himself.

I asked him if he's tried the gin.  He stopped busting his ass for a minute and looked right me.  He said, "I tried it.  It was different. It was very good."  I'm glad I didn't buy him a bottle of rot gut gin.

LizStreithorst

I was in town today and drove by Chip's to see if Charlotte was still outside.  She was not.  I was surprised to see him open on a Saturday.  He saw me as I passed and we gave one another happy smiles.  I didn't stop and see if Charlott's old innards were strewn all over.  I'll will do that Tuesday after work.  I expect to see innards then.  Once her old stuff is out, Chip either have to work on her or live in his small shop taking up space until I die.

Mugwump

....how's Charlotte doing?    huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I stopped by to see her last week..  All her innards have been taken out.  It looks like a bomb went off inside her.  I'm sure that Chips helper did most of the work, because taking out is way easier than wiring back in by hand.  Chip will have to do that.

I need to nag Chip to get to work, but I've spent a bundle with the veterinarian here lately and the dentist demanded his pound of flesh as well.  Have the money to pay Chip is he finishes her tomorrow, but I prefer to have more money on hand every month rather than less.