• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 08:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Poor Charlotte

Started by Mugwump, September 27, 2017, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....forgotten in the yard, just waiting to serve her duty.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Now that the dog crisis is over and Tom is on his way back to England I'll start nagging Chip about her.  The job will be a pain and he never charges me what he should but the time to nag has come.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 27, 2017, 06:20:03 PM
Now that the dog crisis is over and Tom is on his way back to England I'll start nagging Chip about her.  The job will be a pain and he never charges me what he should but the time to nag has come.

|^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Charlotte

Mom nagged Chip 10 days ago.  And I am now inside waiting to be worked on.  Chip knew that mom would get on his ass in time.  She have had to nag more if she hadn't had her that dog and them her Nephew on her mind.  She pointed me out to her nephew as she drove past.  I wish that she had shown me off to him, but she didn't :(

Mom says that she will wait another week and if she visits me, and Chip is just letting me sit there without any work being done she will nag him again. 

Mom and I both know something that is more important to her and Chip than it is to me.  It's called money.  Humans find it necessary to live.  Chip charges her less of this money stuff than he gets from other people.  I don't know why and neither does mom.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

..get well Charlotte......I'll be thinking pf you.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I accidentally butt dialed Chip today.  He called back and I apologized.  He said that that happens to him, most often with women.  I told him that it's because women's butts like him and to give Charlotte a kiss for me.  I'm not going to push him.  He has jobs that will make him money.  He won't make much on Charlotte.  He's too kind to us to charge us what his time is worth, although I am more than willing to pay.  He accepted Charlotte because she's his kind of old truck and he knows that I want to make her as good as she can be.

He was supposed to move to the coast to be close to his lady friend in late summer.  It's mid October and he's still here.  I want him to be happy but at the same time I want him to stay.  There are so many local folks who love him and will miss him...Sometimes he opens up to be, but it has to me at a time when he needs someone to talk to and I'm there with my understanding ear.

Mugwump

..ya take him any eggs yet?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've got 2 dozen to take in tomorrow.  I don't know if he'll want them but I'll offer him a dozen.  He has kids.  I'm sure he'll accept them.  Seems that older black folks get more excited about brown eggs from happy healthy free range chickens that most white folks.  Most folks are happy to get a gift of free eggs.  I've only had 2 people who said no.  One has 18 hens of her own and the other doesn't eat eggs.

LizStreithorst

The light bulb over my head just went off.  Chip likes gin.  He drinks it straight, the thought of which make me shudder.  Chip don't want no eggs from happy healthy free range hens.  If I give him an excellent bottle of gin he will appreciate my gift.  My dad drank Beefeaters.  Back when I was young and tended bar, the most popular call brand gin was Tanqueray .   If I spelled that wrong it's because I hate gin and have blocked the spelling from my memory. 

A former customer whose old poodle died owes a liquor store right next door to the Tienda where I buy good food.  I'll ask him to suggest a gin that someone who drinks the vile stuff neat would most enjoy.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2017, 08:38:17 PM
The light bulb over my head just went off.  Chip likes gin.  He drinks it straight, the thought of which make me shudder.  Chip don't want no eggs from happy healthy free range hens.  If I give him an excellent bottle of gin he will appreciate my gift.  My dad drank Beefeaters.  Back when I was young and tended bar, the most popular call brand gin was Tanqueray .   If I spelled that wrong it's because I hate gin and have blocked the spelling from my memory. 

A former customer whose old poodle died owes a liquor store right next door to the Tienda where I buy good food.  I'll ask him to suggest a gin that someone who drinks the vile stuff neat would most enjoy.
Tanqueray Ten is a very good gin...a step up from the regular Tanqueray....Just sayin'...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 16, 2017, 09:01:57 PM

Tanqueray Ten is a very good gin...a step up from the regular Tanqueray....Just sayin'...

My Dad's favorite gin too......scotch?.....Grant's Glenfiddich 40 Year Old.....a true single malt whisky
Jon

wsantia1

I hate gin too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 17, 2017, 06:51:14 AM

I hate gin too.

....good for athlete's foot is all...... 8)
Jon

Charlotte

I feel like crying but the only way I can cry is by springing a leak in one of my hoses and that could result in the death of my lovely new heart so I'll hold it in.  I'm back outside.  I feel so alone.  Mom visited Chip today and when she saw me back outside and him working on something else.  She was pissed.  She bitched him out.  She went to the rear of the shop and consoled me.  She promised to nag him every day until he got me inside and started working on me.  That made me feel better but I'm still kind of down in the dumps.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

That's a shame...I'll bet Chip had emergency job to do.... huh
Jon