• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 04:29:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

I have eggs!!!!!

Started by LizStreithorst, September 07, 2017, 03:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I always take what experts say with a grain of salt.  When they said that butter was bad I didn't believe them.  When they said to go for low fat products I didn't believe that either.  Same thing with what they said about eggs. 

I had a strawberry smoothly made with a raw egg and honey and half and half when I got home from work.  It was great!  I need to start making home made mayo but I have almost a whole jar of Hellman's in the fridge.

I have two hens laying now.  (there were two in the fish junk cabinet today.  They were in the box where I keep spare heaters and small air equipment ::))  At least I know if they lay there a snake or coon won't get to them and the eggs will stay clean.  God knows what I'll do when all 12 hens start giving me an egg every day. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 09, 2017, 04:01:36 PM
I always take what experts say with a grain of salt.  When they said that butter was bad I didn't believe them.  When they said to go for low fat products I didn't believe that either.  Same thing with what they said about eggs. 

I had a strawberry smoothly made with a raw egg and honey and half and half when I got home from work.  It was great!  I need to start making home made mayo but I have almost a whole jar of Hellman's in the fridge.

I have two hens laying now.  (there were two in the fish junk cabinet today.  They were in the box where I keep spare heaters and small air equipment ::))  At least I know if they lay there a snake or coon won't get to them and the eggs will stay clean.  God knows what I'll do when all 12 hens start giving me an egg every day.

.....cheese omelettes  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll either sell the extras of give them away to my grooming customers.  I have one woman who makes cakes for a living.  I asked to see pics of her work.  She sent me a pic of a wedding cake.  She's an artist!  She brings her dog every 3 weeks.  She can have them for free.  My customer that come weekly to monthly can all have them for free.  I'll eat as many as I can, feed some to the dogs, and I guess sell the rest.

wallace

"I always take what experts say with a grain of salt."

Definitely when it comes to nutrition. Its the story of the elephant:

In a darkened room a group of men once sought to examine an elephant. Taking hold of a different part - an ear, a leg, the tail - each one mistook his particular part for the whole. In the darkness, each of the men became convinced that the elephant was the object he himself had felt - a fan, a rope, a pillar - and so on.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I made this from an old tool box.  Chickens can jump into a private place and lay their eggs in seclusion.  Before, I had three sweater boxes on the floor and I ended up finding my daily egg in with the fish junk.  I found no egg in the fish junk cabinet to day.  The hen did not lay in the box I'd made, but that's OK.  Others will find it to be an attractive place.  She laid in one of the two sweater boxes I placed on top of the tool box.  I have the tool box seeded with 3 fake eggs and I have one fake egg in each sweater box.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 11, 2017, 07:49:48 PM
I made this from an old tool box.  Chickens can jump into a private place and lay their eggs in seclusion.  Before, I had three sweater boxes on the floor and I ended up finding my daily egg in with the fish junk.  I found no egg in the fish junk cabinet to day.  The hen did not lay in the box I'd made, but that's OK.  Others will find it to be an attractive place.  She laid in one of the two sweater boxes I placed on top of the tool box.  I have the tool box seeded with 3 fake eggs and I have one fake egg in each sweater box.
...Way cool ''repurposing", Liz.
...BTW, I started today by putting an egg in my smoothie...makes it smoother...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Just think of the extra nutrition with few added calories you get from adding an egg,  If you lived close I could give you eggs from happy free range hens who have access to everything they need.  They say that store bought eggs have just as much of what is good for you in them but I don't see how that can be true.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 11, 2017, 08:11:26 PM
Just think of the extra nutrition with few added calories you get from adding an egg,  If you lived close I could give you eggs from happy free range hens who have access to everything they need.  They say that store bought eggs have just as much of what is good for you in them but I don't see how that can be true.
....and I would figure out something I could do for you or give you to show my appreciation....

...definitely would have you groom Murf...all the groomers say he's a good dog to groom...he's pretty laid back until he sees or hears his Mommy come home, then it's screeching and scratching at the glass slider door...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 11, 2017, 08:25:52 PM
You're a nice man, Ron.
...thank you, Liz...

...I tend to have my good days that fool everyone for awhile... :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Two eggs today.  One in the fish cabinet, the other in the tool box.

Also, Dr. Pecker started crowing this morning.  I heard him try it yesterday and it was a pretty sad attempt.  Sounded like something was in pain.  this morning he nailed it.  It was not the most manly crow but it was an acceptable crow.  I wonder how long it will be before he starts having his way with his ladies?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 12, 2017, 01:19:53 PM
Two eggs today.  One in the fish cabinet, the other in the tool box.

Also, Dr. Pecker started crowing this morning.  I heard him try it yesterday and it was a pretty sad attempt.  Sounded like something was in pain.  this morning he nailed it.  It was not the most manly crow but it was an acceptable crow.  I wonder how long it will be before he starts having his way with his ladies?

,,,you're going to have eggs coming out your ears soon...............do you make deviled eggs ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 12, 2017, 03:31:56 PM
Yes.  I love them, too.
...deviled eggs are one of those foods that I never liked too much as a kid, but they were always at the church and Boy Scout picnics...

...today?...different story...I LOVE them |eat| |eat| |eat|...and there usually  have been 2-3 plates of them at our Thursday potlucks thru this summer...!!...woohoo... |eat| |eat| |eat| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron