• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:12:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

I have eggs!!!!!

Started by LizStreithorst, September 07, 2017, 03:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I opened the cabinet in the fish room to get a heater and I found 2 eggs in their among all the fish junk!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

What kind of eggs, chicken????
Barb

LizStreithorst

lol  Yes, chicken eggs.

I leave doors open in good weather.  I have seen chickens in the house but they leave soon because they find nothing to eat.  I guess this hen walked down to the fish room and got into the cabinet from the back, which is open.  It's a private secure place. Hens like that.  I can't imagine how she found a comfortable place to sit down and lay an egg among all that fish junk.  I guess the security of the place was more important than comfort for her.

I've been checking the nest boxes every day for weeks.  They have been totally ignored.  Tomorrow I'll buy a bunch of fake eggs to put in them.  Over the weekend I'll see if I can't find a way to make the nest boxes more private for them.  I'll still be checking the fish cabinet every day ::)

Mugwump

...chicken eggs in a fish room storage cabinet..... huh huh huh huh huh...where's my bowl?.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That's marvelous Liz!!!    ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 07, 2017, 04:53:21 PM

Dennis

....LOL.......'marvelous'........ |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on September 07, 2017, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on September 07, 2017, 04:53:21 PM

Dennis

....LOL.......'marvelous'........ |^|

mar?vel?ous
ˈm?rv(ə)ləs/
adjective
adjective: marvellous; adjective: marvelous

causing great wonder; extraordinary.
    "marvelous technological toys"
    synonyms:   amazing, astounding, astonishing, awesome, breathtaking, sensational, remarkable, spectacular, stupendous, staggering, stunning; More
    phenomenal, prodigious, miraculous, extraordinary, incredible, unbelievable;
    literarywondrous
    "his solo climb was marvelous"
    antonyms:   commonplace
        extremely good or pleasing; splendid.
        "you have done a marvelous job"
        synonyms:   excellent, splendid, wonderful, magnificent, superb, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, too good to be true;

Dennis

Mugwump

LOL....thank you...........wasn't making fun......the word was just unexpected at that moment... ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

It happened a full month before it was supposed to.  It caused me great wonder because the eggs were in a fish junk cabinet.  I found it extraordinary.  Good choice of word, Dennis.

wallace

Were the eggs a good size? It seems like a chicken's first few eggs are on the small side, and sometimes with a goofy shape.

Dan

LizStreithorst

One was small but heavy like a well formed egg.  The second was of medium size.

LizStreithorst

I collect an egg from the fish junk cabinet every day.  The hen comes in through the pet door in the fish room.

BallAquatics

Ron Sower

....good article....

....hmmm...think I have one for lunch!....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron