• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 10:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,311
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 167
Total: 169

Air pump rebuild

Started by BallAquatics, September 07, 2017, 08:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

My oldest AP-100 looked like it had finally bit the dust, but after some TLC it's back up and running.  It's not putting out the volume of air that my newer spare pump does, but it still runs the fish room just fine.

While looking for some tips on resurrecting one of these pumps, I ran across this great video from the AP-100 manufacturer Danner,,,,,

https://youtu.be/N4ScGLbLtxw

Dennis

Mugwump

...good clip.....I've saved it.... |^|

thanx..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Good pump. That is what I use to run my fish room.  Mine seem to last about a year and the diaphram splits.  I have rebuilt mine several times.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on September 07, 2017, 09:23:51 AM
Good pump. That is what I use to run my fish room.  Mine seem to last about a year and the diaphram splits.  I have rebuilt mine several times.

...have you tried bleeding off the excess air?......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Not specifically, but I always have open air lines running.  The lines I put in jars and use for marina boxes are just left hanging when not in use.  I really don't know if I have any extra air or not.
Dale

LizStreithorst

I like equipment that is built to outlast me.  I don't know how ancient some of my Medo pumps are.  Linear piston pump are expensive but they live for about ever.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 07, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
I like equipment that is built to outlast me.  I don't know how ancient some of my Medo pumps are.  Linear piston pump are expensive but they live for about ever.

I will have to look at some of those again.  I did look at some linear piston pumps but the specs didn't look like they had the capacity of the AP-100. Would really hate to spend money on a pump and find out it is not big enough.
Dale

BallAquatics

I like equipment that is built to outlast me.

I think my oldest AP-100 is 10 or 11 years old now.  Used a blower before switching over...

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 08, 2017, 03:07:29 PM
I like equipment that is built to outlast me.

I think my oldest AP-100 is 10 or 11 years old now.  Used a blower before switching over...

Dennis

....with your smaller yanks, it must have been overkill with that blower... huh.......................noisy too huh
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on September 08, 2017, 07:03:53 PM
....with your smaller yanks, it must have been overkill with that blower... huh.......................noisy too huh

Blowers only work with shallow tanks.  They make lots of air, but not much pressure.  Now that I've switched everything over to jet lifters tank size is not really an issue.

It was very noisy.  It lived in the attic above the garage.  It wasn't too far from the vent in the gable so you could hear it whine all over the neighborhood.  LOL

Dennis