• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Still no Parent raisers

Started by waterboy, September 02, 2017, 04:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

I had a black lace and black lace ghost pair spawn day before yesterday, A platinum pair spawned yesterday, and a Blue Zebra and a Paraiba pair also spawned yesterday.  Today all the eggs are gone.  I had hopes for the blacks, they looked like they were taking pretty good care of them.  The platinums are a really old pair, I think this is their 30th spawn. Still eat them like everybody else.  I don't know what I would do if a pair ever decided to raise a batch.  I only have room to pull like every fourth or fifth spawn so they all have plenty of chances.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on September 02, 2017, 04:37:07 PM
I had a black lace and black lace ghost pair spawn day before yesterday, A platinum pair spawned yesterday, and a Blue Zebra and a Paraiba pair also spawned yesterday.  Today all the eggs are gone.  I had hopes for the blacks, they looked like they were taking pretty good care of them.  The platinums are a really old pair, I think this is their 30th spawn. Still eat them like everybody else.  I don't know what I would do if a pair ever decided to raise a batch.  I only have room to pull like every fourth or fifth spawn so they all have plenty of chances.

I know the feeling sometimes...... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I only pull the eggs when there is no choice.  All my Angel pairs are parent raisers.  I don't know if there's a trick to it that I'm doing and don't understand, but if they don't raise their own kids, I send them packing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

None of them ever parent raise for me. Mostly they eat the eggs after about 48 hours.  I know it is something I am doing wrong but not sure what.  I have TERRIBLE water and that might have something to do with it. I think I would have a heart attack if a pair raised a batch.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.