• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Hey Willie.... L 340

Started by Mugwump, September 01, 2017, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Willie sent me some of his L 340 mega clown pleco fry quite a while back.....he said they were hermits and didn't show themselves very often...or at all...LOL..

....haven't seen but one....maybe in 6 mos.....I had tossed them all in the 30 breeder to let them grow......they only get about 3" anyway.....

..this morn'n as I was doing fry water changes on all the angel fry tanks, Jan came down and asked if I wanted any help.......I had a half tub of water left so said sure...while I'm filling...drain the 'swamp' and we'll move the albino long fin cories....there was also a nice L144 LF in there that I wanted in the 55 with the others......well lo and behold....she says what about this little darker one?
....I'm thinking....geez only one survivor?...can't be....well....she found all (6) of the fat little devils....LOL....ranging from 2"+..to 3".....sweeeeeeeet.....moved em all over to a nice 55 with angel fry that has lots of hiding places.........but.......when I had finished filling all the tanks, I went over to admire them........can't find a freak'n one of 'em.......LOLOLOLOL

...made my day, I needed that.........................thanks again Willie  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 01, 2017, 01:12:47 PM
..Willie sent me some of his L 340 mega clown pleco fry quite a while back.....he said they were hermits and didn't show themselves very often...or at all...LOL..

....haven't seen but one....maybe in 6 mos.....I had tossed them all in the 30 breeder to let them grow......they only get about 3" anyway.....

..this morn'n as I was doing fry water changes on all the angel fry tanks, Jan came down and asked if I wanted any help.......I had a half tub of water left so said sure...while I'm filling...drain the 'swamp' and we'll move the albino long fin cories....there was also a nice L144 LF in there that I wanted in the 55 with the others......well lo and behold....she says what about this little darker one?

....I'm thinking....geez only one survivor?...can't be....well....she found all (6) of the fat little devils....LOL....ranging from 2"+..to 3".....sweeeeeeeet.....moved em all over to a nice 55 with angel fry that has lots of hiding places.........but.......when I had finished filling all the tanks, I went over to admire them........can't find a freak'n one of 'em.......LOLOLOLOL

Your welcome. Yes they surely do hide well. They like the caves & driftwood. They top out at 3 inches so you may have them breeding soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 01, 2017, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 01, 2017, 01:12:47 PM

Your welcome. Yes they surely do hide well. They like the caves & driftwood. They top out at 3 inches so you may have them breeding soon.

....I'm looking forward to it......I may have just the 'love nest' for 'em too.... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson