• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 01:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 196
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

USH-1

Started by Mugwump, August 31, 2017, 07:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZem01RQOeQ
(clip and photo from different sources than article)

The nice thing about being a digital hoarder is that all of your stuff doesn?t accumulate in scattered piles around your living room. The downside? There?s never enough space. And while SanDisk?s new 400GB microSD card may still not satiate the most extreme storage hounds, good lord is that a lot of room in a teeny tiny package.

The SanDisk microSXDC USH-I, which sounds like it was named after a lesser Star Wars droid, easily offers more space than any microSD card before it. It's easily the largest storage capacity you'll find on any memory card. It?s fast, too, with transfer speeds that Western Digital?which owns SanDisk?claims max out at 100MB/s.

That translates to about 1,200 photos per minute. And it?s rated for full 1080p video, important for a memory card that?s going to live not just in the few smartphones that offer expandable storage, but in plenty of drones, and GoPros, and GoPros attached to drones, and GoPro?s drone. And at $250, it's actually not an unreasonable purchase.

Still, 400GB feels hard to wrap one?s head around. That?s nearly twice as much as the biggest iPhone, and nearly half as much as a PS4. What could you possibly fill it with?! Well, for starters:

* 40 hours of 1080p home video

* 105 copies of The Lion King in HD

* 62 copies of Sports Night: Season 1 in SD

* 6,825 copies of Taylor Swift?s ?Look What You Made Me Do? (video)

* 54,794 copies of Taylor Swift?s ?Look What You Made Me Do? (mp3)

* 250,000 GIFs of Minions laughing in the snow

* 4,683 episodes of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast (they've made 506 so far)

* 70,633 copies of the King James Bible

* 551,724 copies of The Bible for Dummies?, Mini Edition

* 67,796 photos taken with a Samsung Galaxy S7

* 80,000,000 New York Times Sunday crossword puzzles

* Almost two-thirds of the entire GeoCities archive

And so much more! Anyways, it's a ton. Have fun trying to fill it. That's what long weekends are for.

https://www.wired.com/story/400gb-microsd-card-sandisk/

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson