• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 01:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

..tunez ??

Started by Mugwump, August 22, 2017, 05:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...what a great tune....

Jon

Mugwump

....another great tune......

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Can't help it. Why isn't this group (War) in the Rock & Roll HOF. That's a crime

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...a superb album.......

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 22, 2017, 06:07:03 PM
...a superb album.......

I agree. One of the best all time albums. It's funny that there are some impact albums and songs that you remember forever. This is one for me (Pratt institute in Brooklyn). Thanks Jon
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 22, 2017, 06:08:12 PM
...a superb album.......

I agree. One of the best all time albums. It's funny that there are some impact albums and songs that you remember forever. This is one for me (Pratt institute in Brooklyn). Thanks Jon

..it's one of the most played in my collection....honestly...does it get any better than this.... James doing the backups...the headphones are clamped tightly to my ears..... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 22, 2017, 06:22:17 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 22, 2017, 06:08:12 PM
...a superb album.......

..it's one of the most played in my collection....honestly...does it get any better than this.... Carly and James doing the backups...the headphones are clamped tightly to my ears..... w!w |^| w!w

Not many better song writers than Carole King.
Willie

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

Published on May 4, 2017

Tapestry is the second album by American singer - songwriter Carole King, released in 1971 on Ode Records and produced by Lou Adler. It is one of the best-selling albums of all time, with over 25 million copies sold worldwide. In the United States, it has been certified Diamond by the RIAA with more than 10 million copies sold. It received four Grammy Awards in 1972, including Album of the Year. The lead single from the album - ?It's Too Late?/?I Feel the Earth Move? - spent five weeks at number one on both the Billboard Hot 100 and Easy Listening charts. In 2003, Tapestry was ranked number 36 on Rolling Stone list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. King wrote or co-wrote all of the songs on the album, several of which had already been hits for other artists such as Aretha Franklin's ?(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman? and The Shirelles' ?Will You Love Me Tomorrow? (in 1960). Three songs were co-written with King's ex-husband Gerry Goffin. James Taylor, who encouraged King to sing her own songs and who also played on Tapestry, would later have a number one hit with ?You've Got a Friend?. Two songs were co-written with Toni Stern: ?It's Too Late? and ?Where You Lead?.
The album was recorded at Studio B, A&M Recording Studios during January 1971 with the support of Joni Mitchell and James Taylor, plus various experienced session musicians. Several of the musicians worked simultaneously on Taylor's Mud Slide Slim album.
Along with being selected Album of the Year, it also received Grammys for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Record of the Year (?It's Too Late?), and Song of the Year (?You've Got a Friend?), making King the first solo female artist to win the Grammy Award for Record of the Year, and the first woman to win the Grammy Award for Song of the Year. The album remained on the Billboard charts for 313 weeks (second only to Pink Floyd's 724 weeks with The Dark Side of the Moon). Tapestry was number one on the Billboard 200 for 15 consecutive weeks, and held the record for most weeks at number one by a female solo artist for over 20 years until surpassed by Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album in 1993, which spent 20 weeks at number one. The album was listed on the Billboard 200 for over 300 weeks between 1971 and 2011, the longest by a female solo artist until Adele surpassed it in 2017.
Several of the songs on Tapestry were recorded by other artists and became hit singles while the album was still on the charts: James Taylor's 1971 recording of ?You've Got a Friend? hit number one in the US and number four in the UK. In 2003, Tapestry was named number 36 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, was listed by VH1 as number 39 on their list of 100 Greatest Albums, and was one of 50 recordings chosen to be added to the National Recording Registry. Recordings added to the National Recording Registry are picked to be preserved in the Library of Congress as they are ?culturally, historically, or aesthetically important?.

Tracklist:
All songs written by Carole King except where noted.
Side 1
1. I Feel the Earth Move ? 3:00
2. So Far Away ? 3:55
3. It's Too Late (lyrics by Toni Stern) ? 3:54
4. Home Again ? 2:29
5. Beautiful ? 3:08
6. Way Over Yonder ? 4:49
Side 2
7. You've Got a Friend ? 5:09
8. Where You Lead (lyrics by Toni Stern) ? 3:20
9. Will You Love Me Tomorrow? (Gerry Goffin, King) ? 4:13
10. Smackwater Jack (Goffin, King) ? 3:42
11. Tapestry ? 3:15
12. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Goffin, King, Jerry Wexler) ? 3:59

Personnel
Carole King ? piano, keyboards, vocals, background vocals
Additional musicians
Curtis Amy ? flute; baritone, soprano, and tenor saxophone; string quartet
Tim Powers ? drums
David Campbell ? cello, viola
Merry Clayton ? background vocals
Terry King ? cello, tenor saxophone, string quartet
Danny ?Kootch? Kortchmar ? acoustic guitar, conga, electric guitar, vocals
Russ Kunkel ? drums
Charles ?Charlie? Larkey ? bass guitar, string bass, string quartet
Joni Mitchell ? background vocals
Joel O'Brien ? drums
Ralph Schuckett ? electric piano
Barry Socher ? violin, tenor saxophone, viola, string quartet
Perry Steinberg ? bass guitar, violin, tenor saxophone, string bass
James Taylor ? acoustic guitar, backing vocals
Julia Tillman ? background vocals

Released: February 10, 1971
Recorded: January 1971
Studio: Studio B, A&M Recording Studios
Genre: Pop, folk rock, soft rock
Length: 44:31
Label: Ode
Producer: Lou Adler
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 22, 2017, 06:31:41 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 22, 2017, 06:29:16 PM

...another great album.... |^|

I have a great appreciation of all types of music because once upon a time I was a musician. I played tenor and alto sax as well as drums. I still own an alto sax. Throat surgery a few years ago prevents me from blowing more that a few chords. lol Yes I played for someone pretty famous. I will tell in the future. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Jon