• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 174
Total: 174

Albino Dantums

Started by GeorgeG, August 13, 2017, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

Has anyone seen anyone breeding these with any success. I had a few but nothing happen so I thought I would give it a shot one more time but haven't seen any for sale in a long time. Not wanting to buy anything from Angelfish USA

Mugwump

Greg Honacker had them going good.....and check Joel too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

I don't have an import License any more so the U.K is out and Greg doesn't have any either. I will post and see if anyone on Facebook has them and maybe just go another route with some F1 wilds

GeorgeG

I think I found some I will let know know how the trasaction went and where I got them from after I get them.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on August 13, 2017, 06:41:45 PM
I think I found some I will let know know how the trasaction went and where I got them from after I get them.

Thanks, George
Jon

LizStreithorst

Best of luck, George.  Thank you for helping me in my quest for half blacks :-*
Always move forward. Never look back.

GeorgeG

OK I got 8 of the Dantum from Mathias Scaglia of Discus Madness and he did a very good of packing them in a nice Styrofoam box and they were nice size. I put them in my 125 with a couple of Sunsets and Koi. Better price than the other seller out there and I got a line on someone else for more whose are only a few weeks old if I want some more.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on August 25, 2017, 05:46:56 PM
OK I got 8 of the Dantum from Mathias Scaglia of Discus Madness and he did a very good of packing them in a nice Styrofoam box and they were nice size. I put them in my 125 with a couple of Sunsets and Koi. Better price than the other seller out there and I got a line on someone else for more whose are only a few weeks old if I want some more.

...good score...I've heard that he has nice stock...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'd have hated it if you wanted some so much that you would have resorted to getting them from David.  I never have nor will I ever buy anything from him.  I met him at a NADA and he rubbed me the wrong way. 

GeorgeG

Yes I was glad Mathias had them and then someone on Facebook sent me a PM about someone else that has spawned them so I reached out to him. He told me his were only a few weeks old so I am on his list to get some. I will check back with him next month to see how they are doing.I am not a fan of David when he has to lie about having the name trademarked and really doesn't when I check the trademark office on the name. /font]

LizStreithorst

I know.  He makes himself out to be a big deal by morally shady methods. 

You helped me find half blacks and warned me off a seller that I had doubts about.  You had been watching half blacks on Aquabid!  I hope I have kids for you.

pwsusi

I'm also looking for some Albino Dantum. GeorgeG, how are yours making out? Can you recommend a good source?

Thanks,
Paul

ghonk

Be careful about buying Albino Dantums from Mathias at Discus Madness.
Talked to someone who purchased some from them,according  to the buyer they received junk.
Even though the buyer SPECIFCALLY told him they didn't want BAD fish.
Mathias blamed Danzinger for shipping him bad fish,so IF that's the case Mathias was just passed  them along.

Eventually Mathias sent the buyer new fish that were exceptable,but it took MONTHS to receive them.   
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon