• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 131
Total: 132

Can't tell ya....

Started by Mugwump, August 12, 2017, 07:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..how much we're enjoying these tomatoes from the garden.......MMMMMMmmmmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Our tomato plants are big & healthy but they aren't producing any tomatoes this year  huh
Dan

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

We did have a 5-day heat wave that was out of the ordinary but otherwise everything is the same as prior years, as far as I can tell.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 12, 2017, 08:56:33 PM
We did have a 5-day heat wave that was out of the ordinary but otherwise everything is the same as prior years, as far as I can tell.

We've had a couple years where tomatoes have struggled too....and why?... huh..who knows
Jon

waterboy

Ours are struggling this year. I think has to do with all the rain we have gotten. Then again, maybe not.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Mine started out so promising but all the tomatoes rot before they ripen now.  I added calcium to the soil but it didn't work.  I think it has to be all the rain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Got tomatoes and jalapenos coming out my ears, been just throwing them to the goats. Bell peppers not so much.

LizStreithorst

My single poblano pepper was doing great.  I harvested 6 from it.  One morning I walked out to check on the chickens and the poor plant was half naked of leaves!  The culprit was a tomato horn worm.  I picked the SOB off and gave the chickens a tasty treat.  It has recovered well and has small leaves and tiny little peppers on it now.  It has worked hard.  Now that is recovering I'll give it a light dose of Miracle Grow.  I don't want to push it too hard with ferts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Those hornworms work fast, and such amazing camouflage.
Dan

greydragon

we lost a lot of tomatoes the green ones just rotted on the vine so we had to dump em but we did get to can 17 quarts of tomatoes and 5 quarts of tomato juice plus 54 quarts of green beens