• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 08:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Holy Moly!

Started by LizStreithorst, August 12, 2017, 09:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I just went down and fed the fish.  A pair of my new half blacks are guarding eggs.  I thought that they were way too young for that.  They still are small enough to hunt bbs when I throw them some!

Also, by best pair of RSG Discus spawned and are guarding eggs.  I wish I had seen if the male made passes.   The last time he and another lady spawned, she put down the eggs and he just stood and watched.  Time will tell on that one.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 12, 2017, 09:46:36 AM
I just went down and fed the fish.  A pair of my new half blacks are guarding eggs.  I thought that they were way too young for that.  They still are small enough to hunt bbs when I throw them some!

Also, by best pair of RSG Discus spawned and are guarding eggs.  I wish I had seen if the male made passes.   The last time he and another lady spawned, she put down the eggs and he just stood and watched.  Time will tell on that one.

...congratulations......... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

You have a magical fishroom.  |^|
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 12, 2017, 12:07:17 PM
You have a magical fishroom.  |^|

.....You have a magical fishroom
                                     mush
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Congratulations on the spawns.

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 12, 2017, 09:46:36 AM
  The last time he and another lady spawned, she put down the eggs and he just stood and watched. 

I have had Angels do that.  If she lets him hang around that is a good sign.  My Angels will usually figure it by the next go around.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Good luck with them, Liz...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thanks everyone.  I'll see how the Angles do with their eggs this time and perhaps move them to a love nest for next time.  I would much rather out cross them but I have been able to find no other half blacks to breed them cross them with.  The guy I got them from said that he's in the 4th generation breeding this line.  I need new blood in a big way.

I'm almost hoping that the Discus eggs were not fertilized.  I swore off breeding Discus a while back, remember?  But I'm the one who put them in a honeymoon suite and added a sock of Rooibos tea ::)  The male is a show fish that I paid $350. for and the female has the best shape and pattern of all the females.

I may have a magic fish room but I sure'nuf don't have a magic market.  I can breed them but selling them is next to impossible unless I get my guts up and decide start shipping again.
Always move forward. Never look back.