• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

This years...

Started by Mugwump, August 02, 2017, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..tomato crop is the best tasting that we've had in a few years....... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It started out great but we had so much rain that my 'maters had a tough time of it.  My poblano pepper that is in a pot produced 6 peppers.  I went out one morning as always and most of it's leaves were missing.  I found a big fat tomato horn worm on it which I fed to the chickens.  My garlic did great.  My dill died.  My tarragon is going crazy.  My thyme died.  My cilantro died but my parsley is doing well.  My sage is doing best of all, and I never ever use sage. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 02, 2017, 07:26:47 PM
It started out great but we had so much rain that my 'maters had a tough time of it.  My poblano pepper that is in a pot produced 6 peppers.  I went out one morning as always and most of it's leaves were missing.  I found a big fat tomato horn worm on it which I fed to the chickens.  My garlic did great.  My dill died.  My tarragon is going crazy.  My thyme died.  My cilantro died but my parsley is doing well.  My sage is doing best of all, and I never ever use sage.

....not even in stuffing huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Gosh, I haven't stuffed a bird for years and when I did I used thyme and marjoram.  Nice idea.  I'll look into it.  The sage is a pretty plant. 

Mugwump

We make a big pan(s) of it too....... |eat|....and giblet gravy... |eat|
Jon

LizStreithorst

They say that we shouldn't cook stuffing in the bird but they say that you shouldn't cook a hamburger to medium rare either.  I do both because it's the way it's best.  I have always ignored the advice of experts when it came to food.  Stuffing must be cooked in the bird if it is to make me happy.