• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Rescape...

Started by Ron Sower, August 01, 2017, 11:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

This post was a screw up...here are the photos I was trying to post...

...first is before rescape...
...second is this morning with clear water...

I did some severe trimming and thinning...the grow-out should give me a nice background around, and hiding, the sponge filter...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

....that looks great!....nice job...can't wait to see it fill in more... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

The plants look really good. How long have you been injecting the CO2?
Dan

Ron Sower

Quote from: wallace on August 01, 2017, 11:42:33 AM
The plants look really good. How long have you been injecting the CO2?

Thank you, Dan and Mugs...I had a small Fluval system really for nano tanks that I was using on and off for a couple months....I bought a 20# set up from a club member and started it Sunday evening....

I got almost as good growth when I was using Seachem's daily regimen which includes the Excel liquid carbon....now I just omit the Excel...

Every time I rescape it looks so bare and thinned out! ....But in a couple weeks things it will fill in and look better...I'm most eager for the Ludwigia repens x arcuata and the Rotala macrandra to grow in around the filter sponge...When the Limnophila indica (bright green in the center) grows a little taller, I will keep it trimmed to bush out even more.... |^|

The crypts (foreground right) have melted back due to more light exposure...as the other plants grow they will be shaded more and grow back...

I will keep the Alternanthera reineckii (reddish to the front left) trimmed to a short to medium shrub-like growth...

I few other things in there I'm growing to have some new stuff to take to auctions and gain points in the HAP program in the GSAS...they eventually be removed to make room for others! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Nice.  I'm not any good at making a pretty tank.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 01, 2017, 03:02:45 PM
Nice.  I'm not any good at making a pretty tank.
It's all about what you want to focus on...no room for breeding fish so I cultivate plants!
Your'e good at breeding fish... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron