• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:34:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

On the prowl again

Started by LizStreithorst, July 13, 2017, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm hopeless.  Sell a few fish, and I'm hunting for more.  I got to thinking that once I moved my ugly 190 container it would be fun to grow out a shit load of snots in it.  I could even add substrate since I drain outside containers with gravity, not the pump.  I'm talking to a guy on Aquabid who has good feedback, great prices on blue eyed short finned albinos and non blue eyed long finned albinos.  I am always in need a new adventure.  There must be something  wrong with my head.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2017, 01:08:57 PM
I'm hopeless.  Sell a few fish, and I'm hunting for more.  I got to thinking that once I moved my ugly 190 container it would be fun to grow out a shit load of snots in it.  I could even add substrate since I drain outside containers with gravity, not the pump.  I'm talking to a guy on Aquabid who has good feedback, great prices on blue eyed short finned albinos and non blue eyed long finned albinos.  I am always in need a new adventure.  There must be something  wrong with my head.

....thought you didn't care for the L144's....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Did I say that?  I don't think so huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2017, 01:47:20 PM
Did I say that?  I don't think so huh

....I would have sent you some before, with all the others, but you said no just the snots....you weren't into the others....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Are L144's not albino snots?  I don't know L numbers but if it's a BN , to me it's a snot.

I remember telling you that I didn't care what color you sent me because I wanted them for work, not beauty.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

The deed is done.  23 small albino snots most with blue eyes, some with long fins,  will be on their way early next week.

waterboy

My local fish store will take all the bristlenoses i can raise so you should have no trouble selling the babies when you get some. But they grow slooooow.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2017, 02:39:11 PM
The deed is done.  23 small albino snots most with blue eyes, some with long fins,  will be on their way early next week.

...when pairing, keep the L144 separate.....they're worth more.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: waterboy on July 13, 2017, 02:57:26 PM
My local fish store will take all the bristlenoses i can raise so you should have no trouble selling the babies when you get some. But they grow slooooow.

Well the slow growing part is bummer but gosh, they must be a hoot to watch as they grow.  The good part is that the babies are marketable.  The rams I just bought are marketable, too.  I bred too many Angels and the market that I thought was there all but dried up.  The wholesaler is as good to me as they can be.  They wouldn't keep me on if I sent them crap fish. 

Tammy, the lady I speak to on the phone, got excited when I told her that I bought a group of rams.  (I didn't tell her how small they are).  I bet she will be just as excited when she finds out that I have Albino snots. 

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2017, 03:02:43 PM

Excuse my ignorance.  I am not "snot literate".  Are the L144's the blue eyed short finned or the non-blue eyed long finned?  I imagine the long finned gene is recessive and that the blue eyed gene is recessive too.  I doubt that one type would bring more than the other from the wholesaler or the LFS.  I see no reason not to interbreed them.  I like it best when the fish choose their own intimate partners.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2017, 03:25:45 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2017, 03:02:43 PM

Excuse my ignorance.  I am not "snot literate".  Are the L144's the blue eyed short finned or the non-blue eyed long finned?  I imagine the long finned gene is recessive and that the blue eyed gene is recessive too.  I doubt that one type would bring more than the other from the wholesaler or the LFS.  I see no reason not to interbreed them.  I like it best when the fish choose their own intimate partners.

....imho....the L144 blue eyed LF and Std fin are gorgeous....to cross in anything else is senseless...when you have a jewel, why cross in anything that mars it's beauty?....
Jon