• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 09:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Aaron Judge

Started by Mugwump, July 11, 2017, 06:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It's one thing to be the subject of so much hype, but quite another to deliver on it. Aaron Judge delivered in a big way, not only for the Derby, but I think for his reputation, going forward; and showing, all the while, what a really nice kid he is. The Marlins' fans were justifiably upset Stanton got booted in the first round -- pretty sure everyone was looking forward to a Stanton/Judge final round. But Sano (boy, is he big!) and Bour did a fine job, too. There was no real drama because Judge made it look so effortless, but it was fun to watch, and even more fun to see someone from whom so much was expected, deliver without a big deal.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 11, 2017, 06:47:23 AM
It's one thing to be the subject of so much hype, but quite another to deliver on it. Aaron Judge delivered in a big way, not only for the Derby, but I think for his reputation, going forward; and showing, all the while, what a really nice kid he is. The Marlins' fans were justifiably upset Stanton got booted in the first round -- pretty sure everyone was looking forward to a Stanton/Judge final round. But Sano (boy, is he big!) and Bour did a fine job, too. There was no real drama because Judge made it look so effortless, but it was fun to watch, and even more fun to see someone from whom so much was expected, deliver without a big deal.

Being a Yankee fan I am very excited about Judge and Sanchez. Both are very young and if we can get our bullpen straightened out the stretch run should be fun.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

....looks like the 'Yanks' have the pitching figured out now.......sheesh..... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 01, 2017, 07:04:23 AM
....looks like the 'Yanks' have the pitching figured out now.......sheesh..... :)

I certainly hope so. Now if Judge can just get his swing back. I always worry about the home run hitting contest messing with a players swing. Don't know of that happened here but.....
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 01, 2017, 07:11:32 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 01, 2017, 07:04:23 AM

I certainly hope so. Now if Judge can just get his swing back. I always worry about the home run hitting contest messing with a players swing. Don't know of that happened here but.....

..he's still growing into MLB....that's all.....after the pitchers have faced him a couple times.....little things about him are discovered....ie can't hit a low inside pitch, etc...or something... huh
Jon