• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

CO2....

Started by Mugwump, July 11, 2017, 06:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...I'm thinking of setting up a couple 2ltr co2 reactors again......anyone running co2 on a planted tank..? huh?.....it's a temp thing tho after we get some plants moved around....we've talked about making a larger planted community tank too..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Hey there...you getting serious about plants?  :) I'm going to set up with a CO2 tank soon...just got to locate one with good regulators...oh...and finally get this 40g sold so I have the money to do it... |^|

What is the reactor you're mentioning? Is it a yeast/sugar water setup?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 11, 2017, 09:37:14 PM
Hey there...you getting serious about plants?  :) I'm going to set up with a CO2 tank soon...just got to locate one with good regulators...oh...and finally get this 40g sold so I have the money to do it... |^|

...yes, they're simple and do quite well......but if all works well, may try a better unit... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 12, 2017, 05:58:39 AM

...yes, they're simple and do quite well......but if all works well, may try a better unit... huh
I've had paintball units set up on one of my tanks back in WA. It was okay, but you really need a good regulator on the system so you can control the CO2 flow...

...this next one will be a 5, 10 or 20# tank so I don't have to fill it as often as the paintball deals...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 12, 2017, 12:48:25 PM

I've had paintball units set up on one of my tanks back in WA. It was okay, but you really need a good regulator on the system so you can control the CO2 flow...

...this next one will be a 5, 10 or 20# tank so I don't have to fill it as often as the paintball deals...

...I think Scott had one going too...........I'll ask him what equipment he may have still.... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2017, 09:33:02 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 12, 2017, 12:48:25 PM

...I think Scott had one going too...........I'll ask him what equipment he may have still.... huh
Let me know please...it's hard to determine what is good and what is not good equipment...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron