• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Dragon Rocks

Started by wallace, July 09, 2017, 10:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

I took a trip out to the St George Reef. This area was called Dragon Rocks by early explorers. They are hidden by spray during storms. Each rock I saw has at least one big walrus on it and if its big enough for two males they fight all day for the high point. A lot of ships went down here in the 1800s. Even on a calm day there are areas where the water roils and boils around submerged rocks.

The 2nd pic is of an old San Francisco style fishing boat that has been kept up in good condition. They were made for this water with a straight stem and rounded stern.
Dan

Mugwump

....it does look like a dragon !....nice pics.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What a beautiful old boat.
Always move forward. Never look back.