• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

Who is raising what now days??

Started by Mugwump, July 08, 2017, 11:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Stick doing angels, Cories,and BN here, but we've added some different strains of guppies now too...Synodontis Petricolas in the 130, but no spawns that we can see in there...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

My angels and discus lay eggs regularly, but no hatching in our hard water, which is fine by me.  My only fry being born and growing up are my Endlers.  I still really enjoy them.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on July 08, 2017, 04:26:31 PM
My angels and discus lay eggs regularly, but no hatching in our hard water, which is fine by me.  My only fry being born and growing up are my Endlers.  I still really enjoy them.
Barb

....those are your green endlers, right?.....when cooler weather hits, I may grab some from you  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Jon what are you using to spawn your petericolas I use buckets 1 I cut the bottom out and put mesh in the other one is complete 1 lid with a 1 inch hole in it put the mesh bucket inside the other and dark marbles on mesh 2 thick.take out every week and I have 100s of them they take a long time to get to 1 inch then they grow a little faster I have 2 groups one about 30 and another about 20 the 20 are f-1 don't see a difference in them but those and the multis are some of my favorite fish
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on July 08, 2017, 06:08:36 PM
Jon what are you using to spawn your petericolas I use buckets 1 I cut the bottom out and put mesh in the other one is complete 1 lid with a 1 inch hole in it put the mesh bucket inside the other and dark marbles on mesh 2 thick.take out every week and I have 100s of them they take a long time to get to 1 inch then they grow a little faster I have 2 groups one about 30 and another about 20 the 20 are f-1 don't see a difference in them but those and the multis are some of my favorite fish

I haven't really been trying....but thanks, I may just use your method and give it a go.... |^|
Jon

Tony44

I can look around might have buckets extra around here if you want a set let me know I will bring them to swap
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on July 08, 2017, 06:19:06 PM
I can look around might have buckets extra around here if you want a set let me know I will bring them to swap

Thanx !!.....I'll and see what I have here too.....what size buckets?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 08, 2017, 06:24:46 PM
Quote from: Tony44 on July 08, 2017, 06:19:06 PM

Thanx !!.....I'll and see what I have here too.....what size buckets?

Yes let us know what size buckets. I still have all of the petros I got from Jon a while back. Might give them a try.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Not raising anything but BNs right now. May pull some angel eggs soon. I'm actually quite happy with things the way they are right now though. mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

NOt raising anything....but my Bolivian Rams have spawned a 3rd time...this time on the sponge filter's sponge!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Tony44

Sorry had to take wife to dinner I tell an      Bucket are 7-1/2 round and about 5 inches high they are flimsy and white with a plastic handle you can see there shadow thru them and see when they are doing the deed
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on July 08, 2017, 07:44:27 PM
Sorry had to take wife to dinner I tell an      Bucket are 7-1/2 round and about 5 inches high they are flimsy and white with a plastic handle you can see there shadow thru them and see when they are doing the deed

.....water temp recommended ?.....grass over the mesh ?
Jon

Tony44

No grass between 78-80 you have to empty otherwise the young will eat eggs that get laid after they hatch only takes 3 days for eggs to hatch they are tiny but eat huge
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Tony44

Willie was fooling around in fry tank with these had some 21/2 inchers in there and did the same thing with butter tubs had some fryfrom those to
RIGHT TURN CLYDE