• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

Filter / Air Problems.....

Started by BallAquatics, May 10, 2013, 09:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

For the past week or so I was having a run on air stones going bad on me.  My HMF filters that usually would pour out the water we down to a trickle.

Yesterday, I found a few more and after changing the air stones flow was back up to an acceptable level.  While doing water changes I noticed most of my filters had stopped!!!!  What NOW!

It seems as though my big diaphragm had over heated.  To make a long story short, it was running on just a single diaphragm causing the heat problem.  Parts ordered.

I put my backup pump in the loop, my old blower, and water is boiling in all the tanks.  It looks as if I never had a problem with the air stones but rather a very slow reduction in air volume.  Things are sometimes not what they appear to be...  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Good deal, nice to notice while at home, not on returning there.... ;D...I have extra diaphrams down there someplace....think I'll go check just where...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I hate these slow deceases in function. They are difficult to catch before they cause problems. I had something similar with a clogged filter a while ago.

I also don't like the problem of having spare parts around and then finding them when they are really needed. I am thinking I should keep them in a small box next to the piece of equipment.

b125killer

I just ordered a new pump today. I'm getting a Alita AL 40. It's replacing a EcoPlus Commercial Air 3. That EcoPlus is so loud and runs hot. Also not putting out the air it should be. It's always been loud and hot but not this bad. My wife is starting to complain about the noise.

Scott