• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Red shrimp

Started by Mugwump, June 29, 2017, 06:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......Jan loves these little critters....and maybe they're about to multiply?....stay tuned..... |^|

..anybody have self cloning shrimp?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 29, 2017, 06:52:13 AM
......Jan loves these little critters....and maybe they're about to multiply?....stay tuned..... |^|

Funny you should mention these. I have a friend dropping off about 20 here today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 29, 2017, 07:02:59 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 29, 2017, 06:52:13 AM

Funny you should mention these. I have a friend dropping off about 20 here today.

...really.....wow..........have you had them before?........I was thinking maybe in the guppy tanks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

never heard of self cloning shrimp before,but i have heard and have self cloning crayfish

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on June 29, 2017, 07:58:46 AM
never heard of self cloning shrimp before,but i have heard and have self cloning crayfish

...yes, they are crayfish.....for whatever reason I call 'em 'shrimp'.... huh
Jon

BallAquatics

I kept some of the crayfish several years ago.  They are typically brown, but if you keep them in low-light conditions with very soft water they turn a lovely shade of blue.....

Mine were very bad for eating plants.  I never had any problems with them eating fish though.  They stay small and only grow to about 4 inches.

At the very end of this video a typically colored brown one climbs up on the rocks.....

https://youtu.be/OvxU3MhOaic

Dennis

Mugwump

...will they eat algae wafers ??.....oak leaves?
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 29, 2017, 09:53:24 AM
...will they eat algae wafers ??.....oak leaves?

Yes, I never found them to be picky eaters.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 29, 2017, 08:22:25 AM

https://youtu.be/OvxU3MhOaic

Dennis
It's almost like you choreographed the zebras...!  It was really beautiful...! Thanks! |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron