• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:05:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 118
Total: 119

Saturday, good morn'n..

Started by Mugwump, June 24, 2017, 05:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

I don't hate it I just could never find my tools, they are scattered everywhere. Besides, the nearest boat mechanic is 2 hours from here and he's always busy and charges too much. Dennis's motorcycle got me thinking I should just gather up the tools and do it myself.

Just finished putting on the first one. It sure looks better.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on June 24, 2017, 04:23:56 PM
I don't hate it I just could never find my tools, they are scattered everywhere. Besides, the nearest boat mechanic is 2 hours from here and he's always busy and charges too much. Dennis's motorcycle got me thinking I should just gather up the tools and do it myself.

Just finished putting on the first one. It sure looks better.

..... |^|...oooh...shiny too.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm impressed.  Were you taught how to change drum breaks to discs or did you figure it out on your own?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 24, 2017, 05:01:13 PM
I'm impressed.  Were you taught how to change drum breaks to discs or did you figure it out on your own?

....brakes......drum breaks are what a band member takes.... |^| w!w |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I took a break from the brakes. One is done and the world need to cool down.

I've worked on brakes and hubs before but I looked at a youtube video first because it has been several years. The tricky part to this was changing the surge actuator at the front of the trailer. Disc brakes have different hydraulic pressure requirements so I ordered a different actuator and changed it yesterday.

Dan

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 24, 2017, 02:25:39 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 08:11:58 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2017, 06:40:45 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 06:32:15 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2017, 06:24:25 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 06:09:10 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2017, 06:04:38 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 05:55:32 AM
The coffee is great but we are getting drenched with severe thunderstorms and have tornado warnings to our east in Nee Jersey.

In a short while it will all pass and we will have plenty of sunshine with low humidity. With all of the moisture around this week I did not have to water my sod once. The grass is finally turning green again. Lol

Just putzing around in the fish room today. Will probably get an extra water change in later.

.....a fish room day with hot coffee and some tunes fits perfectly with thormy days..... |^|....got anything going down there yet?.....how's the water source?...same as the old place?...

I have town water and it is softer than where I was. Low TDS from the tap. Not much really going on. Just enjoying the fish.

....very good.....I'm assuming then that all the fish made the move well......sweeeeet

I lost one prized Altum through a stupid mistake of my own doing.  huh Still pissed off at myself for it.  >:(

...crap happens sometimes....sorry to hear that....

The water temp was a little too high so I unplugged the heater. The only problem was that I didn't unplug the heater I unplugged the canister filter instead (I was distracted).

While I did have additional filtration running it was not enough to offset a mild ammonia spike coupled with high water temps and insufficient water circulation. A major fail in my part. >:( I was fortunate that I did not lose any other fish.

I bet every one of us has done something stupid at least once.  I unplugged the canister by mistake in a Discus tank once.  I didn't loose any fish because I was lucky.  I've lost my share of fish from doing other stupid things, though.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  You're human.

Thanks everybody. It's great to know that this can happen to even the most experienced hobbyist/breeder. Hey Ron , I like you're suggestion about the tags. I will implement shortly.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...I sent a text last nite to the host of today's meeting to see if he needed me to pick up anything on the way up today...he wrote back that he had come home to a cracked 300 gallon tank with water all through his house.... ??? ??? wfwf wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 25, 2017, 08:12:18 AM
...I sent a text last nite to the host of today's meeting to see if he needed me to pick up anything on the way up today...he wrote back that he had come home to a cracked 300 gallon tank with water all through his house.... ??? ??? wfwf wfwf

Wow. That really sucks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Zounds.......that's a lot of water....hope the whole thing didn't blow....
Jon

Ron Sower

Yep...but as he reported on the FB page...the show must go on...so the meeting will still happen..! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 25, 2017, 11:10:53 AM
Yep...but as he reported on the FB page...the show must go on...so the meeting will still happen..! |^|

.....good for him......I guess it comes with the territory tho...... 8)
Jon

Ron Sower

It must have been a beautiful tank...300 gallons and about 5" left in the bottom...It had radius corners and it cracked on the left front one vertically until about 18" from the bottom where it took a diagonal to the bottom about 1 foot out from from the corner....He's going to patch it up about 10" and convert it to a paludarium...it will be really nice like that.....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron