• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 244
Total: 244

Saturday, good morn'n..

Started by Mugwump, June 24, 2017, 05:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...A cool morning here in the 50's...it'll be markedly cooler for the next few days....60's  huh....

...the coffee's good, really good.... 8)  it feels like a wonderful day to be alive... |^|

...some fish room things to finish up, then I might mow while it's cool, and before the expected rains coming this next week...the grass looks nice this year..

A couple more cups and I might actually get going.....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great but we are getting drenched with severe thunderstorms and have tornado warnings to our east in Nee Jersey.

In a short while it will all pass and we will have plenty of sunshine with low humidity. With all of the moisture around this week I did not have to water my sod once. The grass is finally turning green again. Lol

Just putzing around in the fish room today. Will probably get an extra water change in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 05:55:32 AM
The coffee is great but we are getting drenched with severe thunderstorms and have tornado warnings to our east in Nee Jersey.

In a short while it will all pass and we will have plenty of sunshine with low humidity. With all of the moisture around this week I did not have to water my sod once. The grass is finally turning green again. Lol

Just putzing around in the fish room today. Will probably get an extra water change in later.

.....a fish room day with hot coffee and some tunes fits perfectly with thormy days..... |^|....got anything going down there yet?.....how's the water source?...same as the old place?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2017, 06:04:38 AM

.....a fish room day with hot coffee and some tunes fits perfectly with thormy days..... |^|....got anything going down there yet?.....how's the water source?...same as the old place?...

I have town water and it is softer than where I was. Low TDS from the tap. Not much really going on. Just enjoying the fish.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 06:09:10 AM

I have town water and it is softer than where I was. Low TDS from the tap. Not much really going on. Just enjoying the fish.

....very good.....I'm assuming then that all the fish made the move well......sweeeeet
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2017, 06:24:25 AM

....very good.....I'm assuming then that all the fish made the move well......sweeeeet

I lost one prized Altum through a stupid mistake of my own doing.  huh Still pissed off at myself for it.  >:(
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 06:32:15 AM

I lost one prized Altum through a stupid mistake of my own doing.  huh Still pissed off at myself for it.  >:(

...crap happens sometimes....sorry to hear that....
Jon

Mugwump

Pot #2 is 'so fine'.....MMMmmmmm

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2017, 06:40:45 AM

The water temp was a little too high so I unplugged the heater. The only problem was that I didn't unplug the heater I unplugged the canister filter instead (I was distracted).

While I did have additional filtration running it was not enough to offset a mild ammonia spike coupled with high water temps and insufficient water circulation. A major fail in my part. >:( I was fortunate that I did not lose any other fish.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 08:11:58 AM

The water temp was a little too high so I unplugged the heater. The only problem was that I didn't unplug the heater I unplugged the canister filter instead (I was distracted).

While I did have additional filtration running it was not enough to offset a mild ammonia spike coupled with high water temps and insufficient water circulation. A major fail in my part. >:( I was fortunate that I did not lose any other fish.
Hey Willie, I've done the same thing so now, when I have a lot of plugs going into a bank of outlets, I take masking tape and wrap around the electric wire just above the plug and label it with the component it's attached to....light, filter, heater, etc

Sorry you lost the fish...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Little cooler this morning as I get up an hour later than I have been...only 92....but going to 115...

...tomorrow is the AZ. Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (AAPE) meeting at one of the member's homes...i'll pack up some plants and stuff to take to it for the auction...this will be my first meeting with this group, although I've been trading plants with some participants for several months now...I'm looking forward to it because I've wanted to go for several months now and we've always had something that prevented it....

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 24, 2017, 10:22:11 AM
Little cooler this morning as I get up an hour later than I have been...only 92....but going to 115...

...tomorrow is the AZ. Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (AAPE) meeting at one of the member's homes...i'll pack up some plants and stuff to take to it for the auction...this will be my first meeting with this group, although I've been trading plants with some participants for several months now...I'm looking forward to it because I've wanted to go for several months now and we've always had something that prevented it....

...an adventure.. |^|....and who knows what goodies that you'll find there....cool beans.. |^|

....I shut the AC down earlier here.....it's closing in on noon and it's still only 64degs out there.....Sun/Mon in the 60's too.....LOL.....boy did that slow down the elec meter dial  ;)

..even got the fish room open and airing out down there......nice day, sunny and breezy.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 24, 2017, 08:11:58 AM

I bet every one of us has done something stupid at least once.  I unplugged the canister by mistake in a Discus tank once.  I didn't loose any fish because I was lucky.  I've lost my share of fish from doing other stupid things, though.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  You're human.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I'm always afraid to unplug something, I'm so absentminded I know I'll forget.

Its hot but I made shade over the brake job I'm doing. Packing bearings now but had to come inside and get my T-shirt wet... that's my AC.

We need one of these ->  |brr| <- for HOT.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Seems like just the other day when you were freezing huh

I know that you hate mechanical jobs but you're doing the breaks.  What's up with that?
Always move forward. Never look back.