• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Appalling

Started by b125killer, May 04, 2013, 08:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 05, 2013, 11:09:03 PM
There is a difference between supportive parents helping you achieve your goals and ones that just give you everything you want because they can And once you have gotten it you neglect it or lose interest in it. If it's just the goal of making money on fish they should of just opened a fish store, that way they could get bulk fish to sell. and be like every other LFS around.
It's not my intent on getting rich off my fish. They are just as much my pets as my cat and dogs. I also treat them just as good as my other pets.  If I make a little money on the side from the off offspring that's great. I give more fish and equipment away than anything. It makes my wife a little upset but she knows that's how I am. I don't think I would give or sell any of my fish to this guy. I know I can't control how people are but I can control who gets my fish. I would rather give them away to someone that wants to try and give them a good home.

Well said..it's about the journey, not the prize.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 06, 2013, 06:00:31 AM
Quote from: b125killer on May 05, 2013, 11:09:03 PM
There is a difference between supportive parents helping you achieve your goals and ones that just give you everything you want because they can And once you have gotten it you neglect it or lose interest in it. If it's just the goal of making money on fish they should of just opened a fish store, that way they could get bulk fish to sell. and be like every other LFS around.
It's not my intent on getting rich off my fish. They are just as much my pets as my cat and dogs. I also treat them just as good as my other pets.  If I make a little money on the side from the off offspring that's great. I give more fish and equipment away than anything. It makes my wife a little upset but she knows that's how I am. I don't think I would give or sell any of my fish to this guy. I know I can't control how people are but I can control who gets my fish. I would rather give them away to someone that wants to try and give them a good home.

Well said..it's about the journey, not the prize.

Yes, very well said indeed.  That first sentence was the point I was trying to make several posts back.....

Dennis