• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

'A garage sale hunting we go'....

Started by Mugwump, May 04, 2013, 06:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

A area sub division is having a weekend garage sale....Jan and I, are off to look for goodies  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I love them. I've picked up some really good deals at them.  One time, a 40 breeder and a 20g for $5!  That was the best yet! 
Happy hunting!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Well, we got a 7 HP John Deere self propelled mower, swivel wheels mounted in front, that on full throttle will pull a wagon load of kids....LOL.....$150.....backyard hill, you're mine!!!...ah hahhahaaa
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

all the little towns around here are having their town wide sales this weekend

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on May 04, 2013, 02:55:48 PM
all the little towns around here are having their town wide sales this weekend

I didn't see one fish tank....that's odd too..
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 04, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
I didn't see one fish tank....that's odd too..

They were all in Columbus at the auction!  They had quite a selection that went for some really good prices.  I picked up 2 fives, a ten, a fifteen, and a 20 long for $42.  One of the 5's and the 10 are vintage Meta-Frame tanks with slate bottoms in great shape.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Dang.  When I go to garage sales all I find is a bunch of junk.  Congrats on the mower.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

I love the metal frame tanks. Wish i still had one.
Growing up my parents had a 55 gal. metal frame tank, complete with the metal light and a aquaking filter

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on May 04, 2013, 06:17:58 PM
Growing up my parents had a 55 gal. metal frame tank, complete with the metal light and a aquaking filter

I have the 28-29 gal.....'mint'....s/s hood and all......
Jon

PaulineMi

Good find on the Meta-frames! 

We need pictures of the grandkids getting pulled along with the John Deere.  Fun!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Quote from: Mugwump on May 04, 2013, 06:31:17 PM
Quote from: ilroost on May 04, 2013, 06:17:58 PM

I have the 28-29 gal.....'mint'....s/s hood and all......
I'll take it, SOLD   lol

Mugwump

Bought it at a garage sale in horrible shape for $3....all cleaned/recaulked/retofitted light switch and sockets......it shines like a baby's butt.....
Jon

ilroost

I got a couple of the s/s lights. One for a 20 gal. and 1 for a 5 gal.
But no tanks

Mugwump

Phil Roe.....Rock Island has many,many......he's on QC forum..
Jon