• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 137
Total: 138

MMMmmmmmm

Started by Mugwump, May 02, 2013, 04:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Easiest Pecan Bars "EVER"

1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
... 1/2 cup corn syrup
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten

Heat oven to 350?F.

Unroll dough and press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9x13-inch pan. Firmly press perforations to seal. Bake 8 minutes.

Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour filling over partially baked crust.

Bake 18 to 22 minutes longer or until golden brown.

Cool completely, about 1 hour, and cut into bars.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Looks deadly to me!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 02, 2013, 05:42:17 PM
Looks deadly to me!

LOL..any quick munchie is deadly..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

The men in our community are doing a mothers day brunch on the 14th.  MY cooking task is the cinnamon rolls.  Did a sample last nigh for the final planning meeting.  Came out nicely and I'll be making them for close to 120 people if they all show up!

If it wasn't already planned, I'd do your pecan recipe, Jon!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 02, 2013, 05:46:39 PM
The men in our community are doing a mothers day brunch on the 14th.  MY cooking task is the cinnamon rolls.  Did a sample last nigh for the final planning meeting.  Came out nicely and I'll be making them for close to 120 people if they all show up!

If it wasn't already planned, I'd do your pecan recipe, Jon!

What time is it??.....LOL....did you eat the whole test batch yourself??... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Are you trying to have me embarrass myself??  I ate my share!!!  What really let me know it was good was when Miss Lucy, my wife, asked for a second piece!!!!!

Heading back out to continue to organize the shed for another 30 minutes.
Later,
Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Jon that sounds so good I have already copied it and will make it soon.  Like pecan pie but way less of everything so I can eat more of it. ;D
Barb

PaulineMi

Oh....I like your thinking Barb.   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

If you watch the Meijer adds closely,  you can often pick up nice big bags of pecans for a song.....

Dennis

pashley