• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 11:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

B L T's tonight

Started by Mugwump, May 01, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

A nice bowl of oatmeal is about 100 times better for you and your cholesterol levels than statins will ever be.  LOL  My 93 year old Pop eats oatmeal probably 5 times a week..... with blue berries, straw berries, bananas, etc.

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

My natural cholesterol level is 167. I'm right around 90% vegan. If I were to eat a piece of Braunschweiger liver sausage I would literally pass out in around 30 minutes. This is because my level elevates to around 650 while the fats from the livers are in my blood stream. Then my brain can't get oxygen because my blood is full of fats instead. Ploop, out I go. It sounds kind of funny until it is realized that this event is a stroke. Actually any time you feel very sleepy after you eat fatty foods you are having a very mild stroke.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

WOW, sorry to hear that Frank.  You have my sympathy.

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

I can't eat bacon anymore. AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. not nice.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on May 03, 2013, 06:19:55 PM
I can't eat bacon anymore. AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. not nice.

Turkey bacon too...???..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I eat what I choose.  I haven't had bacon since last summer but when the tomatoes ripen I will eat bacon.  What's the point of life if you can't enjoy what you love?  I don't want to live forever.  I want to enjoy what I love while I'm here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2013, 06:36:44 PM
I eat what I choose.

Same here!  As a country boy I can't imagine not eating pork, eggs and real butter.  The staples of life.  With my wife's poor health I have learned to eat on the "lite" side, but was raised on meat & potatoes daily.....

I can remember breakfast at my Pop's cousins farm.....  whole hog sausage, thick cut bacon, fresh eggs, whole milk, thick slices of home baked bread slathered with real butter, and home fries, hash browns, or potato pancakes.  That was good eating, but we worked our butts off too!

Dennis