• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

B L T's tonight

Started by Mugwump, May 01, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

LizStreithorst

Yum.  None of that for me though until my homegrown tomatoes start producing.  I can't abide the supermarket ones.

What kind of mayo do y'all like.  Only Hellman's for me.  Down south here they prefer Blue Plate which is OK or Miracle Whip which I think is an abomination.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

No miracle whip here either

Mugwump

Hellman's mayo....our local market has vine ripened tomatoes, leave em the counter to keep their flavor....pretty decent too....but I like our home grown garden veggies better too. Especially the bell peppers....Mmmm, I stuff em....sheesh, now I can't wait....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Peppers?  I have 4 different varieties planted, red ones, yellow ones, purple ones and Poblano's which are green.  It sure will be pretty in the veggie garden when things start ripening.  As far as tomatoes I've planted Celebrity's and Romas.  I'd like to try some of the heirloom varieties, but they're all the vine type and I prefer the determinant.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Yep, we have all the colors....and it does look nice when they all start coming in....we have nice little 'thai' peppers, and jalepinos too.....Mmmmm....pickles..he he...stuffed jalepino peppers on the grill (poppers) are delicious... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Back to the BLT's... I had a huge one last night.  Almost every Tuesday we go to the local hospital to eat dinner.  Yep...I said hospital!  There is a deli there that makes delicious food.  Our little group of 4-6 neighbors goes.  I've been getting the BLT for the last few weeks. She packs it high with bacon and slathers the mayonnaise on it for me! 'm not sure what brand it is, but it's goooooooood!

Speaking of mayonnaise, my wife won't have anything in our house but Best brand. I grew up in Va on Miracle Whip.  Sometimes I really miss it so I have a jar kinda stuck back out of sight in the fridge for those longing moments when I just gotta have some of it!

I love the fresh tomatoes too. Darn, I'm getting hungry again.  I think I'll go see what's lurking in the fridge beside the Miracle Whip!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I know what you mean,Ron...I like braunschweiger on toast with thin sliced sweet pickles/lettuce and Miracle Whip....delicious....or the braunschweiger with a thick slice of raw..and Miracle Whip...Mmmmm......the only other thing is grilled cheese sandwiches made with Velveeta and Miracle Whip.....other than that, it sits in wait.....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Don't think I've ever had braunschweiger. I'll be looking for it around the area and give it a try.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 02, 2013, 10:08:10 AM
Don't think I've ever had braunschweiger. I'll be looking for it around the area and give it a try.

Some folks call it liver sausage.....but it's a little different...good stuff
Jon

Frank The Plumber

How do you guys not go into a coma? You must be on statins.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Ron Sower

Uhhh.....What's a statin?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

statins is cholesterol medication. I do like me some braunschweiger. I haven't had it in a long time. for mayo it's Hellman's I don't care much for Miracle Whip. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 03, 2013, 07:36:17 AM
statins is cholesterol medication. I do like me some braunschweiger. I haven't had it in a long time. for mayo it's Hellman's I don't care much for Miracle Whip.

Miracle Whip is good on a few things, but we use mostly mayo...too
Jon