• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:46:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Chicken House

Started by LizStreithorst, May 08, 2017, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...good work, Liz...now to get it painted...!

...how about coming here to the desert when get ready to build my fishshack???? 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 11, 2017, 03:28:48 PM
...nice job Liz.....you'll sleep good tonight for sure   |^|

Actually I have a good energy level.  I could have done more, but my wrists and hips told me that I'd better quit.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Looks good  |^| The chickens will appreciate it.

Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 11, 2017, 03:51:11 PM

Actually I have a good energy level.  I could have done more, but my wrists and hips told me that I'd better quit.

....are you mounting speakers too... |^|.....soft music happy chickens  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

In the future, this will be Liz being driven to work.... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 11, 2017, 04:53:40 PM

My chickens will have to settle for being made happy because I'll make it so the dogs I don't trust eat them.  If they listen to anything, they'll be listening to the BBC or NPR news.  I want chickens that are well informed about the world's events.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 11, 2017, 06:11:07 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 11, 2017, 04:53:40 PM

My chickens will have to settle for being made happy because I'll make it so the dogs I don't trust eat them.  If they listen to anything, they'll be listening to the BBC or NPR news.  I want chickens that are well informed about the world's events.

...that's freak'n great answer....
Jon

LizStreithorst

This is what I got done yesterday and am recovering from today.  I know, it looks like next to nothing.  That piece of wafer board is the piece I took down because I was stupid and was not quite strong enough to put back into place.  I'm hoping that after it dries out for a few days it will be lighter.  If not, I'll figure out a way.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I just checked the chicken house between the waves of rain.  It sure is nice and dry in there ;D  I'm going to start fencing before I start painting.  God knows when I'll be able to paint with this rain.
They say that it will be this way for the next 4 days, then two days of clear, then more rain.  My first coat will be of oil based primer.  The building needs to be all dried out when I start painting.  The largest chicken run I can make easily is just 8' wide and 30' long.  It will do for a while.  I'll be able to get the chickens out of the fish house.  That's my biggest priority right now.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 20, 2017, 01:07:16 PM
I just checked the chicken house between the waves of rain.  It sure is nice and dry in there ;D  I'm going to start fencing before I start painting.  God knows when I'll be able to paint with this rain.
They say that it will be this way for the next 4 days, then two days of clear, then more rain.  My first coat will be of oil based primer.  The building needs to be all dried out when I start painting.  The largest chicken run I can make easily is just 8' wide and 30' long.  It will do for a while.  I'll be able to get the chickens out of the fish house.  That's my biggest priority right now.

....got elec. out there ?....
Jon

LizStreithorst

No, it is wired for a light and an two plug-in but it's a good ways to the breaker box and I'm afraid of electricity.  I have outlets on my own house so I could run a cord If I had to, why?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 20, 2017, 01:47:22 PM
No, it is wired for a light and an two plug-in but it's a good ways to the breaker box and I'm afraid of electricity.  I have outlets on my own house so I could run a cord If I had to, why?

...should a pretty good cold spell come along you'll need a bit of heat?.....and a light would be nice for those crazy night time noises....(critters?)....but your dogs can handle that..
Jon

LizStreithorst

It doesn't get cold enough down here for heat to be necessary. 

Perhaps I will ask dear Jack to walk me through what to do.  He was in charge of running the Moselle Power Plant!  Electricity is his best thing.  He can't do much of anything physical any more, but he loves teaching as long as he feels up to it.   I would like electricity in it very much.  I think that I'll have it safe from predators but that's something one finds out the hard way.  A night light would be nice.

It's a good thing that I like this project as much as I do  It might turn out to be a work in progress for months on end ::)

wallace

We just have extension cords going up to the chicken barn. For lighting we have Christmas lights strung around the coops... just enough light to see where yer going.

Here the water dispenser things need thermostatic heaters under them in the winter.
Dan