• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

TGIF coffee...

Started by Mugwump, May 05, 2017, 05:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 05, 2017, 06:58:52 PM
Dan, if it weren't for the lack of rain I could live there.  It is just so beautiful...But I like green, and I like not getting cold.  I already live in the place that is perfect for me.

Tony, I complain when life doesn't preform as expected.   I guess that I have yet to figure out that life has a mind of it's own ::)  I always get through it.  This 'ain't shit compared some of the positions I gotten into and come out better than I went in.  When I bitch pay no attention to me.

Mug, it was the distributor itself, not the cap.  Still, it always good to have a can of WD around.  WD-40 can save the day when least expect that the day will need saving.  Good idea.

Its all bright green now but in a month or so it all goes brown unless you water it. The dogs get foxtails in their ears and feet and there are vet bills. I see pictures of Ireland or Scotland with all that green grass and it makes me want to live there.
Dan

wallace

Quote from: Tony44 on May 05, 2017, 08:38:43 PM
Liz I like to call it venting,it does a body good as long as you are smiling everything is cool

There's an idea for a forum section: the Bitch & Gripe Zone

Dan

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on May 05, 2017, 08:41:50 PM
Quote from: Tony44 on May 05, 2017, 08:38:43 PM
Liz I like to call it venting,it does a body good as long as you are smiling everything is cool

There's an idea for a forum section: the Bitch & Gripe Zone

That would be excellent. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I thought Mugs would have cued Lurch for the idea...

One of my favorite sayings:

"We humans have our asses in the mud and our noses in Heaven."

... (if I could un-paraphrase it, I could find its author)
Dan

Mugwump

...rant's pop up anywhere anyway............so why a separate parking lot??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

He's at a birthday party or Lurch might have turned up.  Actually, he may think it's a good idea.  I'd fill it up with out making a downer out of the coffee thread.

Jack's truck is awesome.  It's a 4 door 250 Ford FX4 off road diesel that has never been off road ::)  It is so civilized on the road.  It doesn't make all the diesel noise that my old Beast did.  It makes me feel like I'm wrapped in a secure but roomy womb when I drive it.  I think I'm only going 55 and I look at the speedo and I'm going 70!  It  has cruise but I'm afraid to push any of it's buttons.  It tells you what direction you are driving and how many MPG that it's using.  It beeps at you if it thinks you might hit something while you are backing up.  I think it's about 11 years old but it only has 46,000 miles on it!  It's such a work of art that I'm afraid of hurting it in some way.

Judy hasn't come right out and said it but she thinks that should buy something newer than Charlotte.  As she was driving me to pick up my plywood I spied a Fiat 500 in someone's driveway.  There is one in town.  I never knew where it lived.    She asked if it had a For Sale sign on it.  It did not.

So...I'm thinking again of buying a Fiat 500.  It's small like me.  It's very well put together, like me.  I am still getting email notifications of ones for sale within 150 miles of me.  I wish there were a dealer close so I could drive one, but there is not.  They are few and far between down south here, and all far from me.  I'm even thinking twice of having it to be an Abarth in Black.  I'm even considering an automatic even though the engine of a 500 that has not been modified by Abarth doesn't have the power to be quick and nimble with an automatic transmission. 

I never expected the Chicken house to have such a profound affect on my hands.  What would happen if something were to happen to my legs that made me unable to shift for myself?  My husband had a motorcycle wreck and needed an artificial hip.  He used to race sports cars.  He had an Alfa.  He could still ride a motorcycle after the fake hip but his leg wouldn't let him drive a car with standard transmission.   

When she was in her mid sixties my mother said to me. "You think that I am not afraid of anything.  When you get old you get timid".  I just blew that off.  My mother was the strongest person I have ever known.  Now I know what she meant.  When you are young you don't think about "what if".  You just go for it.  This is the car that my heart wants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywmtrrFf4xo

Tony44

RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

I'm more into the torque power than the hp.  It's a great car.  I came into a hair's breath of buying one once.  It was black and it was a great deal.  I understand that the suspension is very hard but it's a sports car so what would you expect?  Here's another review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuviqXoPBM

Mugwump

...nice little car.....but not my style....I like some metal under my skinny bod'.... |^|  the Tahoe does me fine, yup.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You're big and I'm small.  I have a wild streak.  You are more tame.  I'm not going to up and buy one just it's because it's what my heart wants. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 06, 2017, 05:34:28 PM
You're big and I'm small.  I have a wild streak.  You are more tame.  I'm not going to up and buy one just it's because it's what my heart wants.

LOLOLOL.....so ya think?....LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm afraid that I think that, Muggers.  It's not an insult to you.  It's actually a compliment.  You have common sense.  I yearn for it but it always is just beyond my grasp,  I have to work very hard to keep what my heart wants in check.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 06, 2017, 06:51:20 PM
I'm afraid that I think that, Muggers.  It's not an insult to you.  It's actually a compliment.  You have common sense.  I yearn for it but it always is just beyond my grasp,  I have to work very hard to keep what my heart wants in check.

.....it's just the mellowing of old age......as for your battle, sometimes you have to lose it, to win it  ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

The fact that I have "mellowed" as you call it kills me.  Being an old person totally sucks.  I can't do stuff that I should be able to do with out my old body making me pay in spades.

I don't want to live forever.  My damn blood work say that I might ::) 

I made a will.  Everything will go to Jack and Judy. My relatives all have money and live in far off countries. They would rather not have to deal with it.  At least that part is done.

I can't believe that I have made plans for what happens when I'm dead and I can't decide what I should do about buying a  killer Fiat Abarth.  I must e crazy wfwf