• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:34:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 147
Total: 148

not such a lazy day....

Started by Mugwump, May 02, 2017, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....started putz'n in the in the fish room.....started a load of wash...harvesting the bbs, and getting everybody fed .....then decided to move the fry to bigger 'digs'......well might just as well do a few water changes...filled the tub and began .....then about 650-700 gallons of change water later finished the changes, and had the 'het' pb marble pair spawning, a 'het' pb ghost pair laying, the blue clown pair cleaning, and momma guppies dropping fry all over the place......even the Petricola's were cavorting around.........some combo huh?.....rainy days, temps dropping, and a water changes gets them going almost every time...  |^| 8) |^|.....Hmmm...or was it just Miles playing.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Weekly petericolas bucket cleaning about 200 wigglers
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on May 02, 2017, 06:04:56 PM
Weekly petericolas bucket cleaning about 200 wigglers

...wow....nice.....very nice..... |^|.......I'm jealous.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 02, 2017, 05:52:41 PM
....started putz'n in the in the fish room.....started a load of wash...harvesting the bbs, and getting everybody fed .....then decided to move the fry to bigger 'digs'......well might just as well do a few water changes...filled the tub and began .....then about 650-700 gallons of change water later finished the changes, and had the 'het' pb marble pair spawning, a 'het' pb ghost pair laying, the blue clown pair cleaning, and momma guppies dropping fry all over the place......even the Petricola's were cavorting around.........some combo huh?.....rainy days, temps dropping, and a water changes gets them going almost every time...  |^| 8) |^|.....Hmmm...or was it just Miles playing.. huh

You have a Blue clown pair?  I have 5 Blue clowns.  Every one is a PS  I swore that one was a female but apparently not.  I envy you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

It was lazy for me, not that I have don't have a bunch of stuff that needs doing :-[  Went to work, called the wholesaler.  They only want 100.  My dear LFS wants 24.  This can't go on.  I'll have to either suck it up and do the Aquabid/shipping thing or do the fish killing thing.  Did my dogs, the were all good.  People were all nice.  The only thing I did  after I got home was feed all the critters and do WC.  I must be depressed over fish.  I just need to get started doing the Advertising/shipping thing and I'll be fine.  Once I get well started I get into it and almost enjoy it. 

Tony44

RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Tony44

What's the difference between yours and the ones your wholesaler is getting
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

wsantia1

I wish I had a lazy day. Moved more stuff to the new place. Set up a pair of 29s with a couple of filter I took off of running tanks. The water over there is very good.

I am thinking if moving a pair of Angels, the corys, the L340s and the guppies over there tomorrow but I will have to move fast to get things going in the morning.

The cable guy is coming to the new place at 8 am and I have to drop Kobe off at the kennel by 7 am. With the big move coming on Thursday Kobe will be safer in the kennel.

I've been taking him out there quite a bit so I am hoping that he will feel at home after I pick him up on Saturday. All of my furniture and his things will all be there by then.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Tony44 on May 02, 2017, 06:52:22 PM
What's the difference between yours and the ones your wholesaler is getting

From what I was told by the lady I deal with there, the boss has been dealing with another guy for 14 years.  She said that the shops liked my fish, that it was not a problem with my fish, that it was a question of loyalty.  She said it apologetically but I totally understood.  Perhaps I first appeared when this man didn't have anything for sale and now he has a lot for sale.  I don't know.  I have never seen this breeders Angels.  My Angels are mostly high standard finned and wide finned.  Their body shape is excellent but they're not "fancy"  Perhaps this breeder has fish with big fins?

Tony44

I don't know how much you get for them but try dropping price .25 cents and check his loyalty at least to get rid of what you have. Then you can play it by ear
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

greydragon

my day has been marking rows in the garden where tomorrow i will be planting onions,Green beans,tomatoes,peppers,egg plants,corn,sea peas,beets,radishes,summer squash,carrots,sunflowers,dill and basil and doing water changes on all tanks and pulling a group of eggs if they are still there mom smokey het for blue  and dad gold pearlscale

LizStreithorst

He gives me a buck a piece.  The LFS gives me a buck fifty.  They don't need many fish fish at a time but they like my angels and always call me when they need some.

That's a solution I never thought of.  It's an excellent idea.  It will be much less of a pain for me to sell them to him cheap than do the Aquabid thing.  He can't have them for less that 50 cents each, though.  Less than that would be a slap in the face...Enough to make me want to do Aquabid!

Thanks for the excellent idea |^|

LizStreithorst

Quote from: greydragon on May 02, 2017, 07:58:05 PM
my day has been marking rows in the garden where tomorrow i will be planting onions,Green beans,tomatoes,peppers,egg plants,corn,sea peas,beets,radishes,summer squash,carrots,sunflowers,dill and basil and doing water changes on all tanks and pulling a group of eggs if they are still there mom smokey het for blue  and dad gold pearlscale

Nice to see you around.  Your posts are so few and far between.  You will have a heck of a garden.  What do you do with what you can't eat fresh?  How many tanks to you have going?  I'd love to see a pic of your pair.

greydragon

things i don't eat fresh i either freeze or can,i have 17 tanks going right now and sorry i never found out how to post pictures here wfwf

LizStreithorst

I have more tanks going that I'd prefer, too,  It's a hazard of the hobby wfwf

I thought that may be you sold produce at farmer's markets.  I wouldn't like doing that but a lot of people do.  You have chosen to have food to eat for an entire year!

PM Dennis.   He would be delighted to walk you through posting pics.  Dennis helped me when I couldn't figure out how to post an MP4 file.