• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 138
Total: 139

Saturday morn'n....

Started by Mugwump, April 29, 2017, 06:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's very, very good.....not sure how much I slept?...but not much.. huh   

...a cool 46deg's at the moment with lots and lots of rain arriving later on this morning....lots....dark and gloomy out there now with the winds a blowing.....

...today?..... maybe some water changes?....

.....more coffee now....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

I had the same problem with sleep then started drinking decaf coffee and now sleeping like a rock
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 29, 2017, 08:39:05 AM
I had the same problem with sleep then started drinking decaf coffee and now sleeping like a rock

...I don't have the caffeine problem......had a backache....plus I ate something while we were out running around, and it was trying to make a hasty exit.....

I just took a quick nap....that helped a bunch.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What a day.  I woke up still tired from Thursday's chicken house work.  It's shameful, but a fact >:( 

I went to work and took my last dog out of the cage to bathe it.  It's a Toy Poodle puppy, a real live wire.  I'd groomed Oliver twice before.  Nice dog.  Nice owner.  I had my free hand on the little guy but as soon as the water warm water hit him he came flying out of the tub with springs in his legs,  hit the floor on his side and wacked his head hard.  It knocked him senseless.  He peed himself!  I was afraid he might die!  As I was calling the owner to come get him and take his straight to her vet, that I would pay, he started coming around but he wasn't right.  The owner was so calm and I was in a panic.  She came and I showed her how high he jumped and how he landed but she was sure that the dog was fine ::)  She wasn't angry and me,  she was worried about me :o  I told her to call me as soon as she knew how he was. 

Then I came home still tired in my body and totally emotionally drained and knew I had to get up on the roof of the old barn and reclaim tin to use on the chicken house.  I got up there but I just couldn't get  it done.  I'm glad I gave up.   One needs ones wits to work taking pieces of tin off an old roof.  My wits weren't with me and my body was pissed off at me. It would make Jack proud if I finished the chicken house using all reclaimed materials.  I would like to make him proud but I would prefer not to kill myself in the process.  If it doesn't rain tommorrow I'll climb back up on the barn roof and re-evaluate the situation.  I miss being Wonder Woman. She and I were soul sisters when we were younger.

After WC Oliver's owner had still not called after WC, I could no longer stand the stress.  I drove to the shop and called her.  She did not do as I had instructed.  She took Oliver home and as soon as he got out of the car he ran to play with their large dog.  I asked her how she stayed so calm.  She said that she has a toddler (a very well behaved one, by the way) and she knows that shit happens.

Sorry for the long blather.  It all had to come out and y'all got stuck with it.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 29, 2017, 07:01:29 PM
What a day.  I woke up still tired from Thursday's chicken house work.  It's shameful, but a fact >:( 

I went to work and took my last dog out of the cage to bathe it.  It's a Toy Poodle puppy, a real live wire.  I'd groomed Oliver twice before.  Nice dog.  Nice owner.  I had my free hand on the little guy but as soon as the water warm water hit him he came flying out of the tub with springs in his legs,  hit the floor on his side and wacked his head hard.  It knocked him senseless.  He peed himself!  I was afraid he might die!  As I was calling the owner to come get him and take his straight to her vet, that I would pay, he started coming around but he wasn't right.  The owner was so calm and I was in a panic.  She came and I showed her how high he jumped and how he landed but she was sure that the dog was fine ::)  She wasn't angry and me,  she was worried about me :o  I told her to call me as soon as she knew how he was. 

Then I came home still tired in my body and totally emotionally drained and knew I had to get up on the roof of the old barn and reclaim tin to use on the chicken house.  I got up there but I just couldn't get  it done.  I'm glad I gave up.   One needs ones wits to work taking pieces of tin off an old roof.  My wits weren't with me and my body was pissed off at me. It would make Jack proud if I finished the chicken house using all reclaimed materials.  I would like to make him proud but I would prefer not to kill myself in the process.  If it doesn't rain tommorrow I'll climb back up on the barn roof and re-evaluate the situation.  I miss being Wonder Woman. She and I were soul sisters when we were younger.

After WC Oliver's owner had still not called after WC, I could no longer stand the stress.  I drove to the shop and called her.  She did not do as I had instructed.  She took Oliver home and as soon as he got out of the car he ran to play with their large dog.  I asked her how she stayed so calm.  She said that she has a toddler (a very well behaved one, by the way) and she knows that shit happens.

Sorry for the long blather.  It all had to come out and y'all got stuck with it.

..that's quite a day.....time to kick back now....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Sorry to go on about this, but while I was driving home after calling Oliver's mom I couldn't help thinking about the guy who came in gave hell over me trimming the overly long beard of his Schnauzer and comparing him to this lady whose dog may have died in my care.  I tried to blow the Schnauzer guy off and did his dog once after that.  Then I fired him because the more I thought about it the more it pissed me off.  People sure are different huh

Tony44

So we have a teacup yorkie don't like the long hair so we get the summer cut but like the beard. So when we first got her she goes every 8 weeks for spa day we waited till she had the perfect look for us ( maybe not everyone) but us took picture and bring it every time stops all the bs and the groomers get good tips from wife
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

Hell, if that rude SOB had told me in advance I would have let  the dog's beard grow to the ground.  I listen to what the owner wants first.  If I am not told otherwise, I groom to the breed standard.

Tony44

That's why we took picture I would just drop her off and expect her to look like she always does. But no and wife would not get mad at groomer she would get mad at me not a details person for that kind of stuff so I said take a picture when she looks like you want and I will be glad to drop the dog and picture of at same time.
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

A picture is the best.  If I see it I can do it.  A few folks bring a picture.  With most folks I have to interpret what "short" means to them.  They don't know what an inch is let alone fractions of an inch.  They just don't speak that language.  I usually hold up the dog's hair between my fingers and ask, "this long, shorter or longer".  Translating what they want into how I will do it is the hardest part.

Once I've done the dog the first time I have a record of how I've done it.    I tell the owner that and say that if they want it longer or shorter or want something else changed to tell me next time they come.  I am not a hack.  I groom dogs because I love dogs and I have they eye and skill to get the best look for them while making the owner happy.

I'm blathering again, aren't I?  Blame it on the  w!w w!w w!w mim mim wfwf

Tony44

Na I say every hour is happy hour
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

Thanks for giving me a pass on the  w!w w!w w! mim mim, Tony.  Much appreciate |^|