• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 09:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 248
Total: 248

Blue berries

Started by Mugwump, April 26, 2017, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony44

Not that I have one (root-disease) but how do you treat or get rid of them and what causes it just curious
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

greydragon

we have 3 of the Dwarf Tophat Blueberry and one has a few blueberries on this year

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2017, 08:09:37 PM
There are root diseases specific to their favorite plant.

The way everything grows here, I'm ruling out any disease.......my thought is that is was just a weak plant, and might not have gotten the sun it needed where we had it planted too....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

The city's should plant them on every corner
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 27, 2017, 07:48:30 AM
The city's should plant them on every corner

LOL..ya think?...LOL.....for sure in this town.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I keep forgetting to post this...When you first posted about having a possible pH problem I asked my horticulturist friend about how to lower the pH.  You later said that it was not a pH problem but the answer if anyone needs to know is that you lower soil pH with something called Soil Sulfer.  You never use harsh chemical ferts on blueberries, only well balanced slow release ferts.  He also stressed the importance of adding peat to the soil because blueberries grow naturally in peat type soils, so they just like it like that.
Always move forward. Never look back.