• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 01:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 196
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

Blue berries

Started by Mugwump, April 26, 2017, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 26, 2017, 01:34:38 PM
Great link

...thanks.....just ordered  |^| Semi-Dwarf Northland Blueberry

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

I ordered 2 of them shipping was cheap under 6 bucks 1-2 pounds a year per bush
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 26, 2017, 04:33:02 PM
I ordered 2 of them shipping was cheap under 6 bucks 1-2 pounds a year per bush

....don't forget that you'll need acidic soil......we'll be prepping the soil here for them....

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/raise-acid-level-soil.htm

add sphagnum peat

Acidifying fertilizers can also be used to help raise acidity levels. Look for fertilizer containing ammonium nitrate, ammonium sulfate, or sulfur-coated urea. Both ammonium sulfate and sulfur-coated urea are good choices for making soil acidic, especially with azaleas. However, ammonium sulfate is strong and can easily burn plants if not used carefully. For this reason, you should always read and follow label instructions carefully.

Jon

Tony44

Yes I use it in the garden also get a 3 cubic foot bag spread it then till it in so I will dig put dirt in garden and take garden soil from bare spot and plant this year
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 26, 2017, 05:38:07 PM
Yes I use it in the garden also get a 3 cubic foot bag spread it then till it in so I will dig put dirt in garden and take garden soil from bare spot and plant this year

|^|  +1
Jon

LizStreithorst

What is the pH of your soil up there?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2017, 06:23:22 PM
What is the pH of your soil up there?

..not sure but we have get peaches ....so it'll be around 6.0 - 7.0......
Jon

Mugwump

....ya know we had the bush in with the strawberries.....they require a PH of 5.5 - 6.5.....so that should be good enough for blue berries too.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Obviously your problem wasn't due to the pH of the soil.  All I do is neglect mine and they're fine huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2017, 07:39:10 PM
Obviously your problem wasn't due to the pH of the soil.  All I do is neglect mine and they're fine huh

....the raspberry bushes we got with the blueberry bush......did great too....my thinking is that it wasn't a healthy purchase... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Could be...You should think of plating the new ones in a fresh bed in case there is some kind of root disease still lucking in the soil.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2017, 07:49:49 PM
Could be...You should think of plating the new ones in a fresh bed in case there is some kind of root disease still lucking in the soil.

LOL...any lurking disease is allowing all the strawberries, Blackberries, and raspberries to grow like crazy now.......but we're moving the blueberry location anyway to give the raspberries more room...
Jon

LizStreithorst

There are root diseases specific to their favorite plant.