• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Hot Magnum ?

Started by Jo, October 18, 2012, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Just make sure it doesn't have any chemicals in it that could harm the fish.
Scott

Mugwump

The white and green box is ok....some real expensive stuff has flame retardant..cheapo is what you want....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

How often do you bleach the white filter?
Jo

LizStreithorst

I wait until the water flow slows down.  Then it's time.  In my tanks it's a week, maybe less.  But I have them running 24/7 on all my tanks and often forget to turn them off when I feed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Yep, pretty much when they slow down.....I rinse them real well and then throw 4 of those red solo cups full of bleach in a 3 gal pail of tap water....I do a couple at a time...I got extras at 'Big Al's'.....it's better to rotate them so the others can air dry after soaking...
http://www.bigalsonline.com/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

I have a question about mine. I filled it with that batting/floss stuff and it is putting out mega bubbles. Is this normal?
Jo

Mugwump

After it soaks up water some more, it'll stop....that's trapped air in the floss...
Jon

Mugwump

How's working now? better?....you did put the floss in the basket, right?...and add the center tube??......gaskets all on an secure?....it's easy to leave the basket ring off....I've done it....hehe
Jon

Jo

I took it off that night and took it back apart. Then I put back together this morning making sure everything was right and it still is blowing a small amount of bubbles. I just wasn't expecting that. I'm sure what you said earlier was correct. I did have it together right. I turned on this morning before leaving for work and will see how it is when I get home for lunch. I feel like I should order the stuff from Big Al's and not use the sewing batting, it wasn't really made for fish tanks. I need a couple more of the micron figer thing anyway. Do you use the sleeve they have for the micron fiber when you use yours? I was thinking of ordering those also.
Jo

Mugwump

No, I don't use the 'add on' sleeve with the paper micron filters. I stuuf the basket pretty full/firm too, it does a nice job of 'daily' filtering type use....and doesn't load up quite as quickly..even tho the micron cardtridge does a better job.
I rotate my micron's, while soaking the dirty ones in bleach water...
Jon