• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 150
Total: 151

Hot Magnum ?

Started by Jo, October 18, 2012, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

Is this what you use Jon or is this what you are talking about for polishing water?

http://www.kensfish.com/magnum-canister-filters.html
Jo

Mugwump

yeppers..the first one...HOT(hang on tank) Mag 250...$50....that's a good price...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

I'm gonna have to do that! Thanks Jon!
Jo

LizStreithorst

That's a very good price.  I bought mine for about $50. years ago. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Jo on October 18, 2012, 07:40:43 PM
I'm gonna have to do that! Thanks Jon!

You won't regret it....great little workhorse's...I running two right now ,overnight, to finish tidying up a couple pair tanks that I'll be moving pairs to tomorrow..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I just bought one this week but haven't even got it out if the box yet

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Jo

I'm going to get one of those. I will wait until after swap meet this weekend in case there might be one there.
Jo

Jo

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 18, 2012, 07:53:29 PM
I just bought one this week but haven't even got it out if the box yet

Posted using tapatalk 2

get it out of the box dude!
Jo

Mugwump

Vroooom...Vroooom.......get it running,bro....don't forget to fill/prime it....and make sure all the gaskets are in place..it'll purrrrrr..I use the paper micron filter mostly, the basket, I'll sometimes just fill with floss....while I'm bleach/soak/cleaning the micron filters.....Big Al's has the cheapest micron filter replacements.....I just got three more to have around, that way you can rotate them

http://www.bigalsonline.com/
Jon

b125killer

I love my hot mag. Thanks to Jon I got mine running. I use it on the 55 and 40
Scott

Jo

I got mine Monday and used it last night with just white filter. I like it a lot cleaned everything up real nice. Don't know about the basket and carbon though. I don't use carbon in any of my other tanks.
Jo

Mugwump

Quote from: Jo on October 24, 2012, 08:09:47 AM
I got mine Monday and used it last night with just white filter. I like it a lot cleaned everything up real nice. Don't know about the basket and carbon though. I don't use carbon in any of my other tanks.

the carbon can come in handy to clean med's out of a tank....I take the basket/sleeve and cram floss in it....and rotate with the micron cartridges....I'm glad that you got it finally......use a long cord and you can just move it tank to tank.....
Jon

Jo

What are you talking about when you say floss?
Jo

Mugwump

filter floss, batting,pillow stuffing...yada yada

Wally world or JoAnn's sells it by the bag/box...cheapo...
Jon

Jo

ok cool! I have some of that! I sometimes knit or crochet animals that require that stuffing.
Jo