• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:21:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

'HE' spawns

Started by Mugwump, April 23, 2013, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Frank gave me some 'HE' veils to go with my std fins. I put them all in a 110gal. Now it seems that 'someone' has spawned on one of the sponge lift tubes and it looks like another is going to spawn soon on a slate at one end. Right now things are...shall we say, turbulent....now to find out who's with who....looks like a group grope at the moment....sheesh..

ps...'HE'....'het everything'....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Yup. I had to do a lot of water changes for the power outage thing and it kicked my young breeders into breeding mode. I have three pairs of the het hb pb's now. I have 4 fish that are true and proper Hb's in the group Two are most likely ladies and two boys. I can't wait for a spawn from those 4. They are all by themselves in a 120 so they don't get caught up in the power outage BS.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Here's vid while standing back a bit....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quite the group .... a who's who of angels.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

One dose Hb, one pb, one A, one blush. Hoping that when they pair up that they will be at least 25% hb/hb s/s, Half black silver,10% Hb/hb pb/pb, Half black pinoy, Hb blush, Hb blush pinoy, Hb/hb pb/pb s/-, Half black ghost or cobalt, Half black albino= 1 in 15 million chance to have just one. Those look really well shaped out. The father was a Gibbs Pb Pb A A  so they have that chunky Gibbs face and head shape. I have another group of around 20 out of  400 or so that I kept from the next batch that express the half black almost perfectly as Hb ghost pb. Those are around dime to nickel in size. The back up plan. If all goes well we might be sort of popular Jon.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

So far no casualties....I'll let the first spawn ride, I like the pairs to bond, and get the protective juices flowing. Yep, Frank.....there will be some jewels, after all is sorted out...a fun ride for sure...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I have the Turqs, the velvets, the blushers in Hb coming up too. He he. Veil albino ghosts, veil albino pearls, blue marble veils. I'm about to go nuts though because they hit a water main while coring in the new power pole. Holy smokes I hope my battery keeps power going to my air pump for a few hours. I have an inverter and a full tank of gas in my truck.

Mugwump

I have a couple black ghosts, that I've been saving, spawn in the 75 with the turq's....feisty little female too.....looks like I may have to set up a couple new 20's that I got at Petco....LOL..the turq's are cleaning the slate at the other end....koi spawn in the 2 1/2, another Mana pair fry about go wigglers...and the Pinoy clown/PB Smokey pair are cleaning....hifin cories and Melini's are rumbling....and the PB Zebra and one of the 'HE' males are about to go off....good grief...more water changes tomorrow....between us, this fall we'll have some swap winners... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I guess that I should mention that the Albino plats are pairing off now too....hmmmm..maybe a kiddie pool for grow out....??...two???...LOL
Jon

Mugwump

LOL...well Frank, the daddy in the 75 is a Turq, not a black ghost....nice....
Jon

Frank The Plumber

The Turq is Hb het. 1/2 bro sis to the HE's. I'm dying here crossing my eyes ears fingers and toes that my guys pop colors. I've been reading the pronto thread, I was getting a bit worried my kids would miss their timing, c'mon kids make me a happy boy. I'll build you fishy kids a central room that the fish gods will envy.

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 24, 2013, 05:47:36 PM
The Turq is Hb het. 1/2 bro sis to the HE's. I'm dying here crossing my eyes ears fingers and toes that my guys pop colors. I've been reading the pronto thread, I was getting a bit worried my kids would miss their timing, c'mon kids make me a happy boy. I'll build you fishy kids a central room that the fish gods will envy.

They're doing a wonderful job of tending the spawn....wigglers, and quite a few left.. ;D
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Boom, three pairs spawned today. One pair full half black Pb/- expressing veils. All three spawns in their own each 2.5 gallon.

Mugwump

Jon

P4Angels

WOW frank if you need some to go to a good home.  I Would love to have them... lol
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on April 27, 2013, 07:41:03 PM
WOW frank if you need some to go to a good home.  I Would love to have them... lol

;D
Jon