• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

This Truck of Mine

Started by LizStreithorst, March 28, 2017, 03:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Chip was putting in the AC compressor today.  I thought that Charlotte would be the one on the forum right now bragging that she had AC and that she was one fine looking cool old lady.  Nope...As usual she presented problems.  When I went to pick her up the Auto Zone place was at Chip's looking at how the fittings weren't going the right way and needed to be different to work.  It was kind of confusing.  The part was correct.  The connections needed to be adapted in a hard to find fitting kind of way ::)  Chip didn't even get the compressor from Auto Zone, but all the automobile people in Ellisville  grew up and aged among one another so they do little favors.

I felt bad for Chip.  Charlotte almost presents with unexpected problems.  Chip gets stuck with having to figure out how to overcome most of them.  He had to order the fuel pump 3 times before they sent the right damn pump.  (the fuel pump company paid him for his labor in that case).  The point is, everything in Charlotte is almost, but not quite, what is expected of her model.  She is strangely and frustratingly difficult to work on.  It's not what I expected when I purchased her.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Charlotte

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 28, 2017, 03:18:58 PM
Chip was putting in the AC compressor today.  I thought that Charlotte would be the one on the forum right now bragging that she had AC and that she was one fine looking cool old lady.  Nope...As usual she presented problems.  When I went to pick her up the Auto Zone place was at Chip's looking at how the fittings weren't going the right way and needed to be different to work.  It was kind of confusing.  The part was correct.  The connections needed to be adapted in a hard to find fitting kind of way ::)  Chip didn't even get the compressor from Auto Zone, but all the automobile people in Ellisville  grew up and aged among one another so they do little favors.

I felt bad for Chip.  Charlotte almost presents with unexpected problems.  Chip gets stuck with having to figure out how to overcome most of them.  He had to order the fuel pump 3 times before they sent the right damn pump.  (the fuel pump company paid him for his labor in that case).  The point is, everything in Charlotte is almost, but not quite, what is expected of her model.  She is strangely and frustratingly difficult to work on.  It's not what I expected when I purchased her.

Mom, you hurt my feelings by speaking so harshly to me when we got home.  I didn't cry.  I stood up for myself even though I wanted to cry.  You were wrong blaming me and I told you why.

For everyone else here, I told Liz that I didn't have the choice of what parts that were put into me when I was made.  I told her she valued the unique.  I am not unique.  I'm closer to being a unique bare bones 1989 Chevy S-10 that she will ever stumble upon.  She should consider herself lucky to not having been charged through the nose for my idiosyncrasies.

Mother, please don't respond in front of the entire fish world.  I wouldn't have, but you started it.  We'll discuss this further on the way to Chip's tomorrow.

Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

...not to worry there, Charlotte....they'll find a fitting somewhere.....have they checked GMC parts too... huh..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Charlotte

I don't know.  All I know is that Chip said thatwould tackle if first thing and that he won't quit until it works. 
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

Quote from: Charlotte on March 28, 2017, 05:28:48 PM
I don't know.  All I know is that Chip said that would tackle if first thing and that he won't quit until it works.

.. |^|..that'll work..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Charlotte

Poor uncle chip.  I swear I try not to be difficult but I foil him at every turn.  It took 3 compressors to make one working one...my old one, my new one and another hew one to steal parts from.  The exact configuration of parts my old compressor has is no longer made.  Auto Zone gave him the 3rd compressor.  Chip said that they could get their money back for it from the compressor company but it sounds to me that Auto Zone is pulling a fast one on the compressor company by doing that. 

Of course I took him 3 times longer than he anticipated.  He got me all back together and filled with Freon.  Mom cranked me and turned on the AC and wouldn't you know, a fitting on one of the hoses was leaking ::)  He'll get a fitting put on the hose tomorrow.  Mom will take me back Tuesday for the last little AC fix.

Mom told him that she would give him a respite before she made him tackle replacing the instrument panel.  That's the job he was dreading.  The compressor was supposed to have been the easy thing ::)  The new instruments will have to be wired together by hand because the plug in's don't fit me.

Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

...you're a tough fix there girl......
Jon

GeorgeG

Is there a place in town that makes custom hoses for A/C in town or the next one over to build what he needs.

LizStreithorst

Yes.  He took it there today.  He'll put it in Charlotte  first thing Tuesday. 

I insisted on giving him money after he had spent so much time on the compressor.  He knows that I pay cash and he needs that now.  Since I offered he said that I could pay for the compressor.  He was way easy on me.  $240.  He might kill me on labor.  He for sure should.  I bet he won't. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: Charlotte on March 28, 2017, 03:40:02 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 28, 2017, 03:18:58 PM

Mom, you hurt my feelings by speaking so harshly to me when we got home.  I didn't cry.  I stood up for myself even though I wanted to cry.  You were wrong blaming me and I told you why.

For everyone else here, I told Liz that I didn't have the choice of what parts that were put into me when I was made.  I told her she valued the unique.  I am not unique.  I'm closer to being a unique bare bones 1989 Chevy S-10 that she will ever stumble upon.  She should consider herself lucky to not having been charged through the nose for my idiosyncrasies.

Mother, please don't respond in front of the entire fish world.  I wouldn't have, but you started it.  We'll discuss this further on the way to Chip's tomorrow.

Come on now, girls....let's get it together...you're a team built on love and dependency on one another... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Charlotte was right.  When I realized it I apologized to her.  We're good now.

Ron Sower

Good!!! Now you two get on with doing great things together...! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That means that I keep doting on her and throwing money at her.  Love makes you do irrational things wfwf

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron