• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:56:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 287
Total: 288

Freezer is on the fritz

Started by BallAquatics, March 25, 2017, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Going to have to pack it all up and drop it in the chest freezer in Pop's garage....  Oh joy.  I guess I should be thankful I've got somewhere to put it until I can get mine repaired/replaced. 

https://youtu.be/4Een8dDpF6g?list=RD4Een8dDpF6g

https://youtu.be/siMFORx8uO8?list=RD4Een8dDpF6g

https://youtu.be/7SZi3OV9H6c?list=RD4Een8dDpF6g

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Sorry Dennis.  It's usually the compressor which means that's it's only good for raising red wigglers.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..that stinks.....how old is it?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 25, 2017, 04:02:56 PM
..that stinks.....how old is it?
It's over 20 years old.  It's a commercial upright model, so I'm somewhat hopeful that it can be repaired....  might just be wishful thinking on my part.   huh

Dennis

LizStreithorst

If it's that old it's worth fixing.  It's the new ones that are built to be thrown away.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 26, 2017, 07:58:50 AM
If it's that old it's worth fixing.  It's the new ones that are built to be thrown away.

I'm hoping that's the case with my unit Liz.  I know that it has a relay and a start capacitor that could go bad....  both of which would cause it not to start-up.  It made a terrible smell and I'm thinking maybe the capacitor gave it up.  Fingers crossed.

Dennis

BallAquatics

;D ;D ;D  My freezer is freezing!!!   ;D ;D ;D  Cost less than $90 to fix.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 28, 2017, 04:44:42 PM
;D ;D ;D  My freezer is freezing!!!   ;D ;D ;D  Cost less than $90 to fix.

Dennis

|^|...that's great !....and the issue was... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 28, 2017, 04:47:19 PM
|^|...that's great !....and the issue was... huh

The relay was toast.

Dennis

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.