• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:23:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 154
Total: 155

Albino BNs

Started by wsantia1, March 23, 2017, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I am running low on albinos so I did a quick look into some caves and found one that I saw a yellow fry wiggling in. I set up a 5g real quick with the tank water and moved the cave into it. Before I was even able to set up the air and heat I took a peek into the tank a 3 albinos were already out and swimming around.

Don't know how many are in there but since these fry were a little bigger than freshly hatched fry I suspect some may have gotten loose into the 75g where the cave came from. If so then I am sure they became a snack for the  retired Angels that are housed in that tank.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 23, 2017, 06:25:34 PM
I am running low on albinos so I did a quick look into some caves and found one that I saw a yellow fry wiggling in. I set up a 5g real quick with the tank water and moved the cave into it. Before I was even able to set up the air and heat I took a peek into the tank a 3 albinos were already out and swimming around.

Don't know how many are in there but since these fry were a little bigger than freshly hatched fry I suspect some may have gotten loose into the 75g where the cave came from. If so then I am sure they became a snack for the  retired Angels that are housed in that tank.

...yeah, just a slurp....... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 23, 2017, 06:29:09 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 23, 2017, 06:25:34 PM

...yeah, just a slurp....... wfwf

The male finally emerged from his cave, releasing about 25 snots. There were probably more before I pulled the cave.

It wasn't easy getting him out of that tank though. I put a slice of zucchini in there last night and woke up to a cloudy mess which made it difficult (even in a 5 g tank) to catch him without injuring or killing fry.

The move back to the 75g was successful and he has a nice clean cave to set up shop again. There are 3 females in that tank along with another male. This male always has eggs though so he is my go to guy.

Needless to say he is a grandson of the Stud Muffin and Cougar from Jon's line. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.