• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Amanio shrimp arrived a few minutes ago.

Started by Ron Sower, February 28, 2017, 01:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Amano shrimp order arrived from petco-online a few minutes ago!  Packaged great with a heat pack on top, double bagged and wrapped in newspaper, and 6 sides of expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam.  I didn't check temp.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...I like that paper plate idea with heat packs......might try that.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

So how are the shrimp?

I noticed the Petco site said they were small.  That's a good thing, young shrimp ship much better than older ones.

Dennis

Ron Sower

So far, so good...really active and grazing everywhere....they're about 1" long...some maybe a touch smaller...

There's someone advertizing on CL 25 Red Cherry Shrimp for $20...I have a friend that's going that way tomorrow....maybe I'll get here to pick them up for me... :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

That would be cool.  The Red Cherry shrimp will reproduce for you, the Amano shrimp will not.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 28, 2017, 02:55:06 PM
That would be cool.  The Red Cherry shrimp will reproduce for you, the Amano shrimp will not.

Dennis
Amanos, Yep...I know, but I like them and they usually live for a good bit.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 28, 2017, 03:14:26 PM
..... I like them and they usually live for a good bit.

Me too!  I think they are very nice looking.....

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 28, 2017, 04:26:43 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on February 28, 2017, 03:14:26 PM
..... I like them and they usually live for a good bit.

Me too!  I think they are very nice looking.....

Dennis
You make me envious with your photo! wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron